Tuesday, February 28, 2017

An Ever Changing Sunrise

6:39

6:40

6:52
At the moment, the sun has just risen above or through the clouds, so that momentarily, the living room is filled with light.  It's 36º and it has been another changing morning sky.  It never fails to amaze me, one of the reasons I enjoy getting up early.

7:17
We were both up early yesterday, in a hurry to get the photos and blog ready because Evie had a hair appointment at 9:00 and had to be on the road by 8:30.  So it was a bit hassled as we tried to get organized earlier than usual.  After she left, I cleaned the snow off of my Honda Pilot and drove to Lakewood for my Yin yoga class, always crowded, always good.  I didn't get home until 11:30 and Evie was already home, after getting her hair trimmed and working out at the YMCA.

7:23
For some reason, neither of us felt like doing much so we took it easy the rest of the day, no walks or hiking, no excursions, no going out to dinner, just hanging out at home.  I had another bowl of cauliflower soup.  Evie had made some chicken salad so I had it on a bagel and watched some of the Oscars which I missed from the night before.  What a fiasco at the end.  Afterwards, I spent a good part of the afternoon finishing A LITTLE LIFE, a 700 page tomb that I ended up liking at times, hating or bored with at others.  It could have been shorter but it certainly drew me in at times.  More about it on a blog later.

Around 5:00, we both got busy, relaxing with a glass of wine after Evie put the leftover scalloped potatoes and ham in the oven and also roasted some brussel sprouts and cauliflower.  Evie made a salad when we finished our wine and we had a pretty good dinner, as the potatoes and ham were better than ever.  Leftovers tend to be better the next day or the next day!  We were not sure what to catch up on so we watched Homeland, then the first two episodes of this season's BILLIONS, both on Showtime.  Homeland is confusing but so far, I am interested and BILLIONS does not seem much different from last year.  Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis continue their high stakes feud, neither one much of a boy scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...