Friday, February 3, 2017

Six, Not Five Guys (at yoga)


7:15
7:44
Winter seems to making a comeback.  It's 16º out, about as cold as it has been this year.  And we received a little more of a dusting of snow, at least that's what it looks like on our cars.  The winter world is just now, at 7:05, becoming visible.  At the moment, a few snowflakes are falling, nary a whisper of wind.

I drove to yoga yesterday morning on what seemed like a typical winter day, cold but the roads were fine. Yoga was different, however, as there were six guys in our class, all have been to classes before but not regularly.  Most, like me, appear to be retired, at lease their white hair suggested this.  Class was good, as we worked on our hips, not our back, which we emphasized on Monday.  Yin classes tend to emphasize a certain area in each class.  On the way home, however, I ran into a white out in Lakewood, slowing traffic, making it difficult to see.  I did stop at Sav A Lot, to pick up some chicken thighs, on sale, and found that 12 packs of Southern Tier Brewery's beers were on sale, so I picked up a couple of packs, my favorites, One Buffalo and Tangier.  I am slowly beginning to enjoy micro beers more, at least those which are not too hoppy.

When I got home, Evie was trying to decide if she would go to the Y out or not because she still was not feeling 100%.  Who does in their seventies, right?  So she finally decided to tough it out and headed off as I had lunch, vegetable soup and a half of last night's leftover Cuban sandwich.  And I finished a pretty good Wallander, then took a nice nap before getting back to my book and making a pot of Turkish tea.  Nothing like sitting in our living room in the winter, the lake frozen, the yard snow covered, with a good book and a glass of Turkish tea.


When Evie got home she prepped our dinner of chicken thighs, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach in a curry sauce and decided to bake a pan of brownies.  We had enough time to enjoy a glass of wine or in my case, a glass of Tangier as we listened to Julie on POTUS radio.

Dinner was great, lots of taste and spiciness.  And we watched two more episodes of BROADCHURCH,  an English series we have liked.

In his own words:  "Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...