Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A Mild February Morning


6:35
7:28
7:55
It's now 8:00 and I have been listening to Morning Joe, on and off, for an hour and a half.  The sky began gray but there's been some color, mostly cream, over the last hour.  It's a spring like 44º outside and we may have a few April showers later in our February day.  I expect all of the piles of snow will be gone by this weekend.

Yesterday was mild and partly sunny but we decided to get back in our routine of yoga and going to the Y.  So I went to a small, individualized yoga class of four at 9:30.  We were able to get individual attention from Julie although having the others watch you practice downward facing dog is not a lot of fun.  Afterward, I drove to Sears where I got a much needed four wheel alignment (a result of all the potholes on our roads) and did some shopping at Bon Ton while I waited.  I walked away with two shirts for twenty five bucks, reduced by 80%.  I then got my car washed, which it needed and picked up some ground chuck for our taco dinner.

When I got home, Evie was ready for the gym.  So I heated up the shrimp and vodka pasta for lunch and watched Wallander.  Midway through, Evie called to say she had forgotten her wallet and wanted to shop at Wegman's.  So I gave her both our credit card numbers and Wegman's card numbers. She was not a happy gym rat.  I then finished the show, took a nap, and started a couple of books since I had finished the first LONGMIRE novel.  I ended up returning to MY LIFE, even though it is really depressing and I don't think it's going to change.  And I still have 300 pages to go!  Evie got home at 4:00 with a car full of groceries.  It turned out she did not need her card after all because she could pay with iWallet on her iPhone.  We quickly put away the groceries and Evie then prepped our dinner of tacos, easy enough, just brown the ground chuck, add the taco seasoning, and get out the toppings.
6:22 PM
We decided to have an extended wine time with cheese and crackers because neither of us were that hungry.  So we spent the first part listening to the news, then turned to music and ended up listening to contemporary groups like Twenty One Pilots, our favorites, then later, we took a trip down nostalgia road, listening to The Best Of Al Green, trying to figure out when we became Al Green fans, whether it was in Istanbul in the 1970's or when we came back to the States in 1977.  We listened to our favorites, "Tired of Being Alone, " "Call Me," "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart," and "I'm Still In Love With You." What great ballads, great memories, but when?  Istanbul or Hudson?  Too bad he got religion and became the Reverend Al Green.  We ended cocktail hour with Cat Steven's "If You Want To Sing Out," from the movie HAROLD AND MAUDE and other favorites.

We didn't get around to our tacos until 7:30 when we were hungry.  We watched a couple more episodes of THIS IS US  and both of us feel it's lost something in the last couple of episodes which, I suppose, is normal.  Some episodes have to be better than others.  We were in bed at our normal time, 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...