Thursday, February 2, 2017

Groundhog Day

7:04
It's just after 7:00, the lake, the sky a mass of gray for the moment, perhaps a dirty white.  It's colder this morning, 24º, as the temperatures seem to go up and down, depending on the day, the weather gods not able to make up their mind as to whether this is winter or the beginning of spring.

Yesterday was not a very good day for Evie as she was not feeling well for the second day.  So she hung out on the couch, watching TV, taking it easy, lacking the mojo to get anything done.  It's not much fun when your wife is not feeling well, mostly because you are powerless to do anything about it.  I went to a good yoga class at 10:00...I know I always say that but it's true.  Rarely have I been to a class I have not enjoyed.  Each teacher is different enough from the others that they make class distinctive and interesting.  I came straight home, no stops, as the pantry is full.

1:30
Lunch was leftover pot roast, easy to make.  Just pop it in the oven, and I watched half of the new Wallander as Evie couched it in the living room.  Both of us then did practically nothing the the rest of the day.  Evie wished she had a TV in our bedroom, so she could go up and watch some "junk" tv in our big comfortable bed.  But, alas, we don't so she had to stay downstairs in our TV room on the couch.  I read in the living room, napped some, then felt such a sloth that I strapped on my skis (not really, just snapped them in place) and went out to cross country ski in the Woodlawn/Victoria woods.

Woodlawn Sky
And yesterday afternoon a miracle occurred: the sun came out, the gray skies turned blue, puffy clouds filled the horizon and I skied in a woods lit by a setting sun.  I must have been tired because I took two silly falls, just losing my balance on a slight incline.  The fall was easy, getting up with cross country skis on isn't.  There's no easy way but after a struggle, I made it up, feeling like a fool, a dork, struggling in the foot deep snow.

Cross Country Trails In Victoria Woods
When I got home, Evie showered, hoping to feel better so we could go to the Viking for dinner.  The shower, however, did not work its magic, so I went to the Viking by myself, for one reason.  The raffle was up to $14,000 bucks, so I sat at the bar, drank a beer, bought thirty bucks worth of raffle tickets, filled them out and went home.  I stopped at Hogan's to pick up a roast beef Cuban and a bag of Utz chips for dinner.   We watched another episode of a Turkish soap opera (we are getting hooked), then went back to BROADCHURCH, a series we liked but stopped watching when we went off on a road trip.  Around 8:30, we had yet to receive a call from the Viking Club, telling us we won the raffle, so we wasted thirty bucks, like most of the other club members.  It was good to get back to my book, avoiding the political shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...