Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A Bright, Sunny, Blue Sky Winter Morning

9:00 a.m.
We are both up early,  5:00, a cold, clear morning here at the lake.  We like it that way, just wish we had more snow on the ground.  Perhaps our good friends in Oxford, Maine, could Fed Ex a foot or two or snow as it sounds like they will be snowed in for a couple of days.  In a moment, we are driving off to Jamestown because I am having a procedure, an endoscopy, at 8:00 and we have to be there at 6:30 for some reason.  It's now 9:30, we are back from Jamestown and all is well.  And I just finished six of Evie's buttermilk pancakes, a good way to start my late morning.

Yesterday neither of us woke up in a good mood for some reason.  I guess it just happens.  So I did not feel like going to yoga and Evie had no interest in working out.  But after my coffee, after I started to wake up, I began to feel guilty about missing yoga,  so got on my yoga togs, a pair of sweat pants and a t shirt, and headed to Lakewood, a good choice as my mood seemed to disappear during class.  I stopped for a coffee, talked for a bit with Dave, the regular, who lives just up the street and basically lives in the shop during the day.  He doesn't drive so he relies on picking things up along Main Street, an interesting guy, about my age, with a white beard like me.  When I got home, Evie was still couching it.  I had my lunch, ramen and a leftover meatball sandwich and by the time I was done, Evie had her workout clothes on and made herself drive to the Lakewood Y.  I watched part of a new series on Netlfix called Terriers, a typical cop show set on the West Coast which I had never heard of.  I think I know why...it's not very good.  Evie didn't get home until around 4:30, happy to have worked out but she never got into it.

We were going to watch a Chautauqua Lake basketball game at 7:30 so we picked up Ron and Linda just before 6:00 and drove to the Lakeview Bar/Restaurant in Mayville, for a burger, beer, and fries, health food.  We got to the game just as the JV game was finishing.  Chautauqua Lake has only lost one game and have a really good junior player, averaging in the 20's.  It was fun to watch, a fairly good crowd and the home team won by 11 points .  We were home by 9:30, in time to enjoy some TV before going up to read and to bed.  Not so bad of a day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...