Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WRINKLED LAKE, SUNNY, WINDY, AND WARM

6:00


6:28

Up too early, first at 5:00, as Evie' alarm from yesterday went off, then at 6:00 as sunlight began to fill our bedroom...that sun, rising earlier each day.  No fishing boats out yet this morning, though it's already 52º, getting to a high of 78º later in the day.  It's now 7:00, Evie's up with coffee and IPAD and all seems right in the world, my little world.

Yesterday was a lost day for both of us, because of Evie's early 'fun procedure' in Jamestown.  I dropped her off at  the doctor's at 6:30 and by 9:00, we were back in our car, Evie still a bit woozy from the drugs.  We needed something for dinner, so we stopped at Sam's, hoping to pick up something easy, so we ended up with salmon for last night's dinner.  Evie, despite her tiredness, and being out of it,  insisted on shopping, going up aisle after aisle to my pique(she does not remember doing this).  I just wanted to get her home and let her relax or sleep.  We got home around 10:00 and though Evie fought it, she spent most of the day dozing off on the couch, unable to muster any energy, understandably.


O, yea, the daffodils are finally up!  Bravo Chautauqua Spring


I, too, was listless, perhaps because I was up so early, so little was gotten done around here yesterday.  We have two more days before we drive to Darien for a week, so I had better start thinking about packing.  Because of my ennui, whatever, I decided to try a late afternoon Yoga class for the first time.  We had a new teacher, Courtney, a young woman who grew up in Bemus Point, and though I was one of only two students, it was an interesting class and she seemed to be a knowledgeable teacher, serious and caring, willing to help with poses.  We did some very different breathing exercises(good for allergies) as well as working on exercising movements with our eyes.  I did not, however, feel very energized after class, even after a long yoga nidra, just relaxed and tired,  No panacea for lack of sleep and age, I guess.

Evie managed to find just enough energy to make a great dinner of salmon, home fries, and garlic spinach.  We watched a new episode of Rectify and some of The Voice, and we both went to be early, very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...