Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sunny With Blue Skies, A Rippling Lake



7:00 AM


8:30 PM
Up at 6:45, to another brilliant sunny morning, so bright I can hardly look out the front windows.  A light wind winkles the lake surface, and its 47º, with a high supposedly of 82º, in land, whatever that means, so says Buffalo's NPR.

Yesterday was another beautiful day.  Mine began with a stop a Wegman's for some groceries, Home Depot, then the Post Office, to cancel our mail for ten days, then  yoga, another good class, a few people I had not seen in awhile, Julie Landon Lescynski and Loren Mayshark, among others.  I hurried home from yoga because I was taking my car in to Bianchi Honda, in Erie, to make sure it was in tip top shape for our trip to Darien, CT. tomorrow. Evie made an amazing salmon salad for lunch, lots of salad, a great dressing, the kind of lunch I could eat every day.  It feels like healthy eating rather than a sub sandwich filled with processed meats!

It took me forty five minutes to get to the Honda dealer, and I have never seen a dealer so busy, as the cars were lining up for service almost the entire time I was there.  I also noticed just about everyone at the dealer was my age, retired with white hair, with little to do during the day but take your car in to get it serviced.  My car got a check plus, and I had a key made, hoping it will solve the problem of it sticking in the ignition.  I went home via Westfield, stopped for a milk shake at the local ice cream shop, just opened, picked up a book at the Patterson Library, and came home.  Meanwhile, Evie had spent much of the day outside, working in our front and back yards, getting her garden in shape, seeding some bare spots, turning the compost. Our yard looks great, lots of green shoots in the garden as well. And late afternoon, Evie put together a meat sauce, for the lasagne we are taking to Darien tomorrow.
Goldfinch

Cardinal

For dinner, we met our friends the Mc Clure's at Guppy's around 6:30.  When we got there, they were sitting at the bar and our table was ready.  Since it was burger night, all of us got a burger and fries except for Evie, who got an oriental chicken salad.  Because it was a Wednesday, Guppy's was not as crowded as usual, though it is a favorite for many of the locals as well as summer residents.  They had opened their outside bar area as well.  Great dinners, good beer, good friends, what more could we ask for. We got home around 8:30, watched some Idol, read, and went to bed. a busy but productive day.
Burger Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...