Wednesday, May 29, 2013

LIGHTNING, THUNDER, HEAVY RAINS LAST NIGHT...WOW!

After The Storm: 7:00 
Up later, felt good, at 6:50, and Evie's already up and outside, checkin out the yard, her garden, but there's little if any damage from last night' heavy rains.  It's 67º, supposedly getting up in to 78º today, perhaps 88º tomorrow.  Yuk...bring back winter.  We had over an inch of rain.

Back to my routine yesterday despite my words from yesterday about skipping yoga and went I did, one of two people in class.  A good class, lots of talk as usual, as Chris spoke about his personal growth, his use of yoga to deal with his own insecurities, like why so few people attend his classes.  Hmmm.  After class, I returned my costly flag pole, got another one, which I will return today because it won't work on my particular pole.  Who would have thought flying a flag would be so difficult.

Heron Skimming the Lake
We tackled one of our big problems yesterday, cleaning out he attic and organizing it so we can actually get things.  We bought huge clear plastic storage boxes, for winter coats, for winter shoes, hiking and skiing, things like that.  We gave Billy Deault, who is moving into a house, an extra office chair we had no need of...he loved it.  We did not throw out as much as we would have liked, but found things we wanted and we now can get around it easily.  Late afternoon I went for my yearly physical with Dr. Berke, a health fanatic in his own right, who has participated in Ironman competitions.  Everything is copacetic so we talked for a half hour about biking, staying in shape, his elevated square foot gardening, everything but me (just kidding but he does like to talk).  I pity his other patients who had to wait patiently.  He sent me names of a great biking shop in Erie because I am having trouble finding a comfortable seat.  A good guy, he works out every day, either biking, running, swimming or lifting, plus yoga.

An easy dinner of leftover lemon chicken, even better than the first time, with rice, salad and two pies, strawberry and banana cream for dessert.  We watched Mad Men, a pretty good episode, some of The Voice, as the lights went out momentarily because of the storm.  It was pretty wild for awhile, heavy rains on the roof, lots of thunder and lightning, lasting till 1:00.  To bed, to read and then sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...