Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hazy Morning, With High in 80's



Wonder Woman's First Swim 
Kayak Morning

Dawn


Up at 5:15, couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up, had my coffee, and was out on the lake by 6:15, the sun still hidden behind the clouds.  It's now 7:50, so I was out quite awhile, just paddling, enjoying the sunrise, stopping when I felt like it, and tossed my fishing line in.  I had a couple of bites, caught a single perch, about par for my fishing life.

Yin Yoga yesterday, and I was the only guy in class.  It was a much more relaxing, rather than physical in fact, we seemed to just relax in various poses on our sides and backs for a good part of the time.  I can do that.  When I returned to the lake, after picking up some gardening things at Home Depot, Evie had done some more painting, of our outdoor table, and she has been experimenting with our plastic out door chairs.  They turn a dirty white after a year or two, so she is spraying them to see if it makes a difference.  So far, so good, and it's much better than buying new chairs each year.  We also have been having trouble with our lawn mower, thought we might have to get a new one, but I changed the plugs, air filter, oil and voila, it started up again, ready to go.
Evie's Buddy

It was the warmest day so far this spring, a high of 85º in midafternoon, so Evie got out the chaise lounge and enjoyed the dock and sun for part of the afternoon.  I went out as well, but it was too hot for me, reminding me of a day in July or August, not May.  My intrepid wife went in the water, for her first swim of the year and it was cold, so cold she almost did not make it.  But she persevered and eventually dunked her head, saying afterwards that it was nice.  I don't think so.

We went kayaking around 5:00, off towards Wells Bay, as it had cooled off a bit and it was great to be out on the lake at this time of day.  Last fall, a fisherman literally spent two weeks fishing off of Victoria, five or six hours a day.  Well, he's back, yelled to us, reminding us that he was out fishing last fall.  Neat guy.  We came back, and because it was so pleasant outside, we had a beer and pretzels out on the dock and Evie went in for another dip, wonder women!
6:20

We had a stir fry for dinner, mixing up the leftover pork chops, cut in bite size pieces and rice, with mega veggies, to create one of our favorite fried rice dinners.  We threw in asparagus, as well as cabbage, and carrots, plus lots of Siracha sauce because we were out of hot bean paste.  We made enough so we can have another dinner or two or three lunches.  We watched Mad Men, which is getting more and more ridiculous, so that we wonder why we continue watching it but we have been through this before in some of the earlier seasons.  The haunting of Don by his past is getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...