Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sunny Morning On The Lake

7:00

Daffodils and Hostas

7:05

Slept in till 6:45, got up to a bank of clouds off over Bemus, but the sun above them, shining in our windows, reflecting on the lake.  It's still quite cool, 31º with a high of 55º.

Not a lot exciting to report about yesterday.  I went into Hudson for my yearly appointment with my cardiologist, a few tests, and then back home to Chautauqua, but it took up most of the day.  I did listen to the Indians game, a double header, both going and coming back.  Since I have not followed them in years, I did not know a single player on the roster other than the manager, Terry Francona  but I only knew of him because his father, Tito, played for the Indians when I was young.  My health is fine, at least for someone my age, so I don't have to go back for another year.

While I was in Ohio, Evie went shopping in the afternoon, stopping at Sam's and Wegman's, getting our refrigerator stocked and buying  paint, other spring needs, to get our yard, garden, chairs, and tables ready for the summer.  It's difficult to believe it's mid May.  It seems like we have hardly been here at the lake, in fact, we haven't been here much, with trips to KC, Scottsdale, and Darien over the past six weeks.  We left for KC on April 4th, returned from Darien, on Sunday, May 11th.  Good trips but we always miss the lake.

Rotisserie chicken, asparagus, baked potatoes and salad for dinner, and we caught up on Mad Men, a show we either like or dislike, depending on the episode.  The writers often seem obsessed with the sexual escapades of the major characters and it certainly does not ring true for the 1968 we knew when I was teaching at Punahou School, in Hawaii, the same year Bobby Kennedy was shot.  Rodger, Pete and Don are either drinking, screwing, pitching an idea, or complaining about their families.  It does not make you want to work in advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...