Thursday, May 30, 2013

Hazy Morning Sun Rise, Hot, As Rollicking Purple Martins Welcome The Day

6:00

Kayaking Victoria, Mid Afternoon
Up just in time to see the pink horizon, then the sun rise through the haze of spring heat over Long Point.  The martins woke me up this morning, as they are busy getting their homes ready for the laying of eggs, then their babies.  Their morning song may be annoying to some but both Evie and I love waking to their sounds.  It seems like home when we hear them.  No rain today, but very warm, high in the 80's, so different from this past weekend.  I might just take my first swim, go on our first boat ride of the spring.

Yesterday was another lost day, as I had a dentist appointment at 9:00 in Jamestown, for a new crown.  It took just over a half hour and I left with a much more expensive mouth.  In the never ending story of a flag pole, I picked up a new pole at Geer Dunn, returned the one I bought yesterday to Home Depot, came home and now we have a flag flying at the end of our dock, for now.  Our lake front seems empty with a flag flying, whether the American during the warm months, or the Slovenian during the winters.

The rest of the day Evie and I just relaxed, though I did clean the gutters, put in some new gutter guards, but that was about it.  We got out the chaise lounges and enjoyed the sun and warm afternoon out on the dock, seemingly the only people on the lake.  We did kayak around 3:00, off towards Wells Bay but returned earlier than we wanted because of the storm clouds gathering over the lake.  Of course, it did not rain and cleared up, so we went back out on the dock, for a beer and pretzels, enjoying the late afternoon.

A simple dinner of leftovers from our Memorial Day picnic, hot dogs, salad, potato salad and banana cream pie and we were happy.  We watched a couple episodes of the silly soap opera Revenge on Hulu Plus, another service we are trying for a month to see if it's worth it.  It surprised us because during any hour show, they have four or five one minute commercials and you cannot fast forward.  I don't think we will keep this for long.

It's a perfect morning for a kayak paddle, but I have breakfast with the boys at 8:00 so I will have to put it off till later.  And I have yoga at 10:00, so there goes the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...