Tuesday, November 7, 2023

A Productive Fall Day

6:23

A Bevy Of Geese

Breakfasting

It's 7:05 and I have been up for close to an hour, watching the gray, overcast sky lighten. It's a balmy 53º as I look out the window at 50 to 60 Canadian geese, feeding about 20 yards off the Woodlawn/Victoria shore. It's 8:25 and I only was out for a half hour as the wind picked up and the lake was more choppy then and I thought and I didn'st see anything intersting to photograph.

Kayak Morning

Choppy Seas

Northern Sky

Yesterday ended up being a great day for a Monday. It started with a 50-minute paddle, avoiding the predicted rain before breakfast and finishing up the blog.  Evie woke but was not feeling much like getting anything done, just one of those days. For some reason, I had in mind getting a few things done. So first, I drove to Lakewood, to the can man, and then my mechanic, where I disposed of leftover motor oil from our lawn mower. I then stopped at Ryders for a coffee and was home by 11:00. Since I had an hour before lunch, I pulled out the ladder cleaned the gutters in our front and back yard, and trimmed some branches off our maples that had been annoying Evie. Finally, I fired up the lawn mower and mulched our new neighbor's yard, heavy with fallen leaves, twice because they were so thick. 

Lunch was the leftover mushroom and spinach pasta from the other night and I watched another episode of The Wire. I then did some reading and tried to nap while Evie was out in the backyard, digging up and cleaning her dahlia tubers for the winter. By 2:30, I was out helping her get it done, and by 4:30, she was all done, the bulbs packed away with vermiculite. Now all we need to do is store them in the crawl space for the winter. 

Dark And Threatening Sky At 5:13 PM

By 5:30, we were enjoying a sundowner (a South African term for happy hour), as the sky darkened and threatened and eventually turned black. Earlier, Evie had put together a lamb curry, with apples and bananas, so once that was done and heated up, the rice made, we had a great dinner. It's our favorite curry and both of us had seconds. We started two recommended shows, again, but we quickly turned off and went back to the tried and true, ER, and ended the night with a few minutes of Monday Night Football. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...