Sunday, November 5, 2023

Light In The Morning

Immature Red-Tailed Hawk

6:38

7:45

I woke at 6:30 to light in the bedroom, a  result of the end of daylight savings time. Now I will have more light when I kayak at 7;;30 or 8:00, none probably at happy hour. It's a  gray, windy morning although the sun peaked out from the clouds briefly before going back into hiding. It's just before 9:00 and I paddled for just 25 minutes, down to the north end of Woodlawn where three hunters were standing behind a blind on Kevin's front yard. It was so windy that I glided more quickly with the wind at my back then paddling into it. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Woodlawn

Duck Hunters

Yesterday went quickly although we hardly did anything of note. I did get in a good paddle, before breakfast and the blog, but had to turn around early because of duck hunters. Evie was up and busy in the kitchen, getting a few things done so I didn't head to the Transfer Station until later in the morning. And that was about it for me for the day, at least as productivity goes.

Lunch was another bowl of delicious soup and The Wire, then reading and napping. I finished the last in the Dennis Lehane series, Kenzie And Gennaro, husband and wife PI's. Neither of us felt like doing much in the afternoon although Evie always finds something productive to do in the kitchen. 

Kinney's Run

Leaf Strewn Woods

Victoria Pond

Finally, around 4:00, I took a walk around the Woodlawn/Victoria loop, just over a mile and a half hour. It felt good to be outdoors, something I have been cherishing since my three days in a hospital room. 

Sea Gulls Circling Above The Lake

Sunset at 6:08 (still light)

6:00 PM

Looking South At 6:10

By 5:30, we were settling on our couches, with wine, knowing that this would be the last happy hour with daylight unless we started it at 4:00. It's always strange to have darkness invade our life by 5:00 once the time changes. Earlier, Evie had put together a tasty dinner of noodles, mushrooms, spinach, lots of garlic, and a dash of cream for a healthy, quick, and easy dinner. We watched our shows, ending the night with some basketball. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...