Tuesday, November 28, 2023

We Got SNOW

 

8:50

8:05


It's 8:15 and Evie's just come down to join me for coffee. It's a winter wonderland outside if you like snow and we do. We may have gotten eight to ten inches with more to come during the day. I will spend a good part of the morning clearing our parking area I suppose instead of kayaking. 

Adirondacks

View From Our Windows

Monday was a strange day as I didn't kayak or go for a hike. The day sort of got away from me, especially the afternoon. We had an easy morning, with nothing we had to do although by 10:30, the list for Wegmans was made and I was off to shop, stopping at Ryders Cup for coffee with the guys, Bob and Paul, two regulars. After coffee, I shopped at Wegmans, still angry at their changing up the aisles so that nothing is where it used to be. I then stopped at Home Depot and picked up a plastic pail to keep our sunflower seeds in for the birds this winter. And, finally, I drove around the south end of the lake, stopping at Peterson's Farms and bought 50 pounds of sunflower seeds. 

4:38

The afternoon went quickly, with Evie's delicious veggie soup and a ham salad for lunch. I watched my show The Wire and I had to laugh that Dominic West who played Prince Charles in The Crown also plays Detective Mc Nulty in The Wire, two very different roles. I should have walked the woods because we had a couple of inches of snow but I napped and started a new book instead, The Traitor by Ava Glass, the second novel I have read by her. 

8:48

By 5:00, dinner was prepped, two nice fat pork chops, Brussels sprouts and sweet potato so we enjoyed snow falling and a quiet happy hour before Evie browned, then baked the chops and air-fried the sprouts, We then watched the first two episodes of the fifth season of Fargo, on Hulu, and finished the night with ER, so amazingly well acted. 

Moon Rising at 5:51



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...