Monday, November 6, 2023

Pink Sky In The Morning

6:59

9:07

Well, it's 7:35 and the sky is no longer pink, mostly gray on a chilly 37º morning. The wind is light so I will be able to get in a paddle although one weather app predicts rain and 8:00, another, no rain at all. So I will be able to see who is correct. Well, it didn't rain and I was able to paddle on an empty lake for 50 minutes, down to Bootey Bay and home.

Kayak Morning

Victoria, Looking South

North

South

Yesterday was a typical Sunday of getting ready for dinner with friends, football, some time for ourselves, and a short walk. I got in a brief, windy paddle, but was able to get a great photo of a young red-tailed hawk, a white blur from a distance. Once I was back, we finished up the blog and I had breakfast before we started the usual, giving the house a quick once-over. Evie was also in the kitchen much of the morning, prepping our dinner. I had a light lunch, a bowl of soup but that was enough for me as I began the marathon of watching football early, as the Chiefs game was on at 9:30 in the morning because they were playing the Dolphins in Frankfort, Germany. They won in a close game.

I am reading a new book, Karin Slaughter Will Trent crime novel, my second in a series. During the afternoon, I watched some football, read, napped and helped Evie in the kitchen whenever she needed it. I wanted to get some exercise so at 3:00, I walked along the Victoria lakefront as far as I could and back, less than a mile but enough for a Sunday. We showered and got ready for Linda and Ron who arrived in utter darkness at 6:00, as the time change kicked in,

Our Yard On A Fine Afternoon

Looking North Towards Woodlawn

Long Point

We relaxed with a glass of wine until appetizers, salad and a cheese borek, which we enjoyed sitting down at the table. Once we finished the Greek/Turkish phyllo dough appetizer, we returned to the living room while Evie prepped the rest of dinner. By 7:30, I was carving the leg of lamb and Evie was making a gravy and pulling the rosemary potatoes out of the air fryer so we had a Middle Eastern feast. 

Dinner, Again

The lamb, potatoes, and salad were great and a cheesecake was a perfect way to end the meal. Linda and Ron left around 9:30 and I then cleaned up the kitchen but Evie, tired from the day, went up to bed. Once I was done, I watched some of the second half of the Bills game but soon got bored because neither team was doing much and I preferred to return to my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...