Wednesday, November 8, 2023

A Chilly 31º Morning

7:07

7:07

7:21

I was up before 7:00 to a cloudy sky, and then the sun just peaked through the shore and clouds above. And now there's some blue sky above, the vast cloud bank over the southeastern sky. It's windy out so I am going to have a struggle paddling north into the wind. It's 9:00 and I paddled for 35 minutes but the wind changed on me so my paddle back was into the wind, alas, but the lake was fine, hardly choppy. I shot a mess of Canadian geese, feeding off the campground but saw little else but a few seagulls. 

Kayaking North

Canadian Geese Gather

More Geese

In Flight

Kayak Morning

Tuesday was a typical Tuesday for me since I was able to get in a paddle before breakfast and write the blog.  By 9:10, I was on my way to a yoga class for the first time in months, with Courtney, who has been fighting cancer. It was so great to have her back leading the class and everyone loved it. After class, Evie had a small list for me at Wegmans so  I didn't get home until noon. 

Evie had been busy culling our kitchen stuff, making piles for the trash and for Good Will. Lunch was the last of the cauliflower soup and quesadillas.  I finished the first season of The Wire and loved it and am looking forward to Seasson Two even though I watched it probably twenty years ago. It still holds up well and is often cited as the best series of all time along with The Sopranos. 

My afternoons don't change much this time of the year or most times of the year. I am reading a Karin Slaughter Will Trent novel and it's decent. I napped briefly of course, helped Evie some in the kitchen and by 3:30, was out for a walk, up the hill and around Woodlawn, getting in a half hour of walking.

Kinney Run

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters and 5:00 and after the call, we enjoyed sushi from Wegmans along with a glass of wine before dinner. We had the leftover French lamb curry for dinner along with roasted cauliflower so we both were happy except for the fact that we could not find something we liked to watch so we ended up going back to ER. Interestingly, the well-known actor Stanley Tucci has just appeared in the series as Head Resident so it should be fun watching him hassle the interns. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...