Friday, November 10, 2023

A Calm, Quiet, Friday Morning

7:16

8:46

It's 7:05 and the lake is calm and smooth, the sky a gray/blue, and not a boat is in sight. It's 39º and it looks and feels like a good morning to kayak. It was a stellar morning paddle, a calm lake, a paddle over to Long Point and back to Sandy Bottom and home, lots of Canadian geese and mallards but nothing else of note. 

Kayak Morning

Long Point

East

A Bare Long Point

Yesterday was a busy day although it was not a great morning for kayaking because of the wind. So I went to breakfast in Bemus at 8:00 and by 10:00, I squeezed my yoga mat into a very crowded yoga class. After class, I sat around Ryders Cup with Paul, a fellow Thursday yogi student until 12:15 when I headed home.

Northern Sky

The Clouds, The Clouds

A Mass Of Geese

Evie had a hair appointment in Lakewood at 1:00 so the house was empty most of the afternoon. I heated up the butter chicken for my lunch and watched my show, briefly napped, and read before driving to Lakewood to talk with our lawyer about updating our will or making a trust. He's a good guy and we had lots of laughs as we talked about the best option for both of us, probably a revocable trust. When we left, I stopped at the bank and picked up some cash for our trip then drove to Bemus, to Coppola's Pizza for our dinner, half off a pepperoni pizza if we mention their Facebook page.

We then relaxed at home, knowing we had an easy dinner, with a libation or two and appetizers until we got hungry. We had pizza and a salad and watched more junk TV as we continued to search for a series we might enjoy, It's difficult to find something we both like and I know couples who solve the problem by each watching their show on their own device, one on the TV, one on an iPad. We are not that desperate...yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...