Thursday, November 30, 2023

Blue Skies, Sunshine, And Snow

6:51

7:24

7:37

9:06

It's 7:30 and I have been up for an hour, enjoying a beautiful morning sky. The sun has yet to rise but I can see it hiding behind the trees. The sky is blue with a few white strings of white on a 28º morning. It was an amazing morning for a paddle. Despite the temperature in the 20's I was not bothered by the cold, probably because it was not windy. And it was hard to see if any eagles were in the pines because the tufts of snow looked like an eagle. I did spot one but he took off just as I took out my camera. 

Kayak Morning

Victoria/Woodlawn

South

Avoiding Ice Floes

The Reeds

Ice Floes And Reeds

Frozen Reeds Like Cotton Balls

When I got home, Evie had been busy but was relaxing, watching some TV. For lunch, I had soup and ham salad sandwiches and watched my series. Early afternoon, Evie put together our dinner, chicken swarma, and let it marinate in the refrigerator until dinner time. Neither of us did much until 3:00 when I drove off to Mayville to drop off some returns to UPS and stopped at Tops to pick up some goodies, ice cream and cookies, a couple of necessities. When I returned, it was starting to get dark so I had a good excuse for not going for a walk and instead, we enjoyed a happy hour until 6:30 when Evie baked the chicken on skewers and made a rice/quinoa side. Dinner was great, both the chicken and the feta and spinach borek. I like mine with Greek yogurt, in fact, I put it on everything like a good Turk.

We watched the usual, some HGTV, some reruns, and of course, ER because we were having difficulty with Netflix for some reason. We had no problem with Hulu or Prime and after watching a few minutes of basketball, I was happy to get back to my book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...