Thursday, November 9, 2023

Another Nasty Lake Morning

6:51

No kayaking this morning as it's windy, drizzling, and gray as I look out my front window. It's warmed up quite a bit to 49º since yesterday's 31º. I can see waves rolling in to give you some idea of the wind and choppy lake. I just returned from breakfast in Bemus, just Jack and me and it's still raining and gray. What a blah day. 

Wednesday began as usual, with a forty-five-minute paddle, breakfast, and the blog. I left for yoga with Tara at 9:40 and was surprised at how many students were in the class. It was good to see. Class emphasized three ideas, step, bend, and twist if I remember correctly. After class, I attempted to drop off clothes at the Salvation Army but it was temporarily closed so I drove to the Kia dealership to pick up floor mats I ordered for the winter. I then drove back to the Salvation Army, dropped off clothes and kitchen items then stopped at Runnings to look around to see if there was anything I needed or wanted for the winter. 

When I returned home, Evie had torn apart the kitchen and made cookies and dinner, so she was a bit frazzled at the mess. I got busy cleaning up to help out and she made me lunch, tuna sandwiches and I watched the beginning of the second season of The Wire, set this time on the docks of Baltimore. The rest of the afternoon was as usual, reading, napping, and watching some TV. Neither of us got in a walk because of the weather, drizzle, and wind for much of the afternoon. 

We listened to the news and enjoyed a glass of wine before our dinner of butter chicken which Evie put together earlier in the day. It was really good, served on rice, along with naan, spinach and a salad. We watched the last episode of The Morning Show, then some news and ER before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...