Saturday, November 11, 2023

A Bit Of Wind And Gray And Sun

8:29

It's 7:30 and I have been up for an hour, enjoying my coffee and watching the sky lighten a bit. I hope to get out for a paddle but only if the winds are not too strong. I paddled for just over a half hour, an amazing sky and some sun.

Kayak Morning

Woodlawn

Woodlawn/Victoria

Into The Sun

Yesterday was a busy day, but a good one. We begin our trip West today so yesterday was all about getting ourselves ready, as well as the house and yard. It's always a tense day because of packing, not knowing what to bring, and hoping we have not forgotten something. And we are not young whippersnappers any more so nothing is easy.  So after a paddle, breakfast, and a blog, I basically got things done outside while Evie worked inside, getting the house ready. First, I did some raking up of tulip tree leaves in our side yard, then mulched it so that finally, our yard seems free of wet leaves. And I took a couple of barrels of leaves up the hill and I also cleaned out our garage, making sure everything was put away and I had room to park the Outback in it while we are gone. I then did a vacuuming of both the Kia and Outback, getting both ready for winter. And I gassed up the Kia and it's ready for our trip. I also did some packing, making sure anything that needed to be washed was in the hamper.

Lunch was the last of the leftover butter chicken and my show. Meanwhile, Evie was agonizing over what to bring as usual as well as doing the wash and making sure the house was in good shape before we leave. Fortuntely, we are not leaving until noon today so we still have time to get things done. The afternoon for both of us was leisurely, doing things when we wanted but also relaxing, watching a show, reading or yep, napping. 

Afternoon Sun And Clouds

Long Point, Late Fall

We were able to relax and talk about our trip during wine time, hoping for good weather on the beach even though rain is predicted. Yuck. Dinner was an Evie special, spinach and tomatoes with eggs, baked potatoes, and a salad. And we watched more junk TV, ER of course and some HGTV shows. Evie went up to bed early, hoping to get up early and I stayed up and watched some NBA with little interest until I got tired.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...