Saturday, November 25, 2023

Back In The Saddle Again

Back On The Lake

6:47

7:27

7:33

7:34

It's 7:18 and I have been up for an hour, watching the colorful sky change and, fortunately, the lake is calm and inviting. I cannot wait to get out there for a paddle. It's 730, and the sun is trying to rise above the clouds near Tom's Point. What a great morning for kayaking, the sky was amazing, and the lake was calm, I photographed an eagle and was out for an hour. This is why we love living on the lake. Every morning is different.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Into The Reeds

Southern Sky And Sun

Eagle In Pine Above Sandy Bottom

Yesterday was back to our routine, with an early rising, a brief paddle, the blog, and breakfast, all before 9:00 when Evie got up. It felt like I had never left, never been on a road trip. The fridge and pantry were fairly empty so Evie spent the first hour of her day making a Wegman's list on her phone. I volunteered to go shop so by 10:30. I was off to Wegman's and despite the fact it was Black Friday, it was not particularly busy. I guess grocery stores don't have deals like Target might. So I easily pushed my cart around, filled it literally to overflowing, and checked out quickly. I then stopped at Evans for some libation and was home by noon. 

For lunch, I finished the Subway sandwich and returned to my show, The Wire. As I said above, it felt like I never left for a couple of weeks. I then returned to my book, Richard Osman's The Last Devil To Die, the fourth Thursday Murder Club novel set in an independent living home. All four of them are fun and easy reads. Of course, I also napped, for over an hour and woke refreshed and ready for bear. Unfortunately, I had nothing to do or needed doing so I read and watched some of the NFL game while Evie put together a soup, 

Around 5:30, we treated ourselves to a Manhattan, chips and hummus, and veggies, and listened to music as a few snowflakes fell. I forgot to mention that Thursday night, we watched Stephen Colbert because he had David Letterman on the show and our favorite group was going to play, The National. Well, it turned out the group was also David Letterman's favorite, and as a favor to David, they hopped on a plane just so they could play on Colbert when David was a  guest. We first heard The National on Colbert a few years ago and have liked them ever since. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...