Thursday, November 23, 2023

Resisting Temptation

Road Trip

Well, I am sitting in another Hampton Inn breakfast nook just outside of Columbus. It's just four hours from home but we decided to stop yesterday at 5:00 because it was getting dark. The temptation to just say what the heck, and drive home was strong but reason and Evie took over and we stopped.

Fields And Clouds

Ohio

Ohio State Farm

We left Sikesta just after 8:00 and our two-and-a-half drive up to our favorite Illinois town, Effingham, was easy. We picked up # Interstae 70 in Effingham and stayed on it until we reached our Columbus destination. I was expecting the worst since it was the busiest travel day of the year but it was not too bad until we reached the Ohio line and then it just slowed down and both lanes were crowded with trucks. It lasted for about an hour until the road expanded to three lanes. We stopped mostly for gas since our Kia only holds 13 gallons and neither of us was very hungry. My pet peeve while driving is people who cut in front of me because I leave a distance between my car and the one in front of me when passing. Well, people see that as room enough to cut in whether a car or truck. 

Leaving Missouri, Entering Illinois, Crossing The Mississippi

Indiana

As I mentioned, we arrived at the Hampton around 5:00, really 4:00 Central time in a very crowded area, with Walmart, Lowes, and many restaurants. We relaxed until 6:30 then decided on dining at Olive Garden, just across the street. We were the only one's sitting at the bar but we had a good bartender. We both ordered the soup and salad and I have to say it really tasted good. I had two bowls of the pasta and fajoli and salad as did Evie. It was a good choice and I would go back. We returned to the fifth Hampton Inn in 12 days, watched some basketball, and went to bed early. We are ready to get home. 

Olive Garden


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...