Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Winter Skies


7:50
It's 8:25 and I have been up for only an hour, having slept in until 7:30, a minor miracle.  Four or five guys are out fishing, a couple in the middle of the lake, a few along Long Point's shoreline.  It's 27º and should not get much warmer over the next couple of days.  Just cold enough to feel like winter.

Yesterday, a Tuesday, was a typical weather day, gray, cold, nothing to get excited about.  The lake is still too dangerous to ski on, the snow's too wet as well, so I didn't get outside although I might have been able to go for a hike but the weatber was not inviting enough to get out there.  So after I finished the blog, I drove to yoga, my one requirement of the day, for a beginning yoga class with Julie, always good because there are few beginners, most regulars.  After class, I stopped at the bank to get some cash, having spent it all on Monday's concert.  Since I was across the street from Walmart, Evie sent me in to get a few things for last night's dinner.

When I returned, Evie had a big pot of Greek lemon/chickpea/egg soup simmering on the stove, ready for my lunch.  Since I had stopped at Walmart, I picked up a sub to share with Evie.  The soup was great, the sandwich mediocre, and I started a new series, Tin Star, on Prime Video.  So far, it's fine, set in Calgary, as there's a new Sheriff in town, actor Tim Roth.  I then sat down and finished my book, DISAPPEARING EARTH, by Julia Phillips, which I highly recommend. It's set on the Kamchatka peninsula in Eastern Russia.  After finishing the book, I took a great nap, happy to be done with one book, ready to start a new one.

Late Afternoon Gray
Evie had been busy, putting together our dinner, a cold linguini dish with Asian flavors, like peanut, siracha, and soy sauce.  Vegetables were added to the noodles, to make it a main course.  We took it easy the rest of the afternoon, with the only big thing being the shearing of my beard and head, making me once again a 'young boy.'  After a shower, we enjoyed some wine and appetizers, pretzels with dip, healthier than chips as the sky and lake darkened. We enjoyed our dinner even though it was more like a summer dinner and watched Real Time With Bill Maher from Friday.  It was funny and depressing, as always, so that we were ready for something different when we finished.  We watched a new episode of Home Town, then some basketball before going to bed.  The days are going too quickly, as it's almost February.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...