Friday, January 10, 2020

Wet And Warming

8:24
Well, it's almost 8:00 and I have been up since 6:30.  Dreary comes to mind when I look outside, gray lake and skies, rain on the window, snow melting, and 39º.  I can't tell if the lake's open or frozen but no matter, I have no interest in kayaking.

We are in a routine or a rut or just being habitual.  I started the morning with breakfast in Bemus before driving to Lakewood for yoga.  No change there, a typical Thursday.  I stopped at the bank, deposited a check and came home, looking forward to another easy afternoon of retirement.  Evie was ready to head to the Lakewood Y but made me a quesadilla before she left for my lunch.  Her morning, unlike mine, was different as she put together the ingredients for five pounds of meatballs, shaped and browned them, getting them ready to freeze.  I had another bowl of black bean soup with my quesadilla and watched the end of Season Three of Peaky Blinders and started Season Four.  It's great to have something to watch each afternoon during lunch.

I am slowly getting into my Mick Herron book, took a nap, and woke when Evie returned from the gym.  She had a nice workout, so she was happy.  Nothing like feeling good after some exercise.  I must have been tired because when I was reading, I decided to lie down and fell asleep again until 4:15, a second nap for the day. 

Around 5;30, we got out a good cheese with our wine to celebrate the crappy weather we were getting, snow, ice, then rain, nothing lasting for long.  For dinner, we tried a different jar of pasta sauce, added some of Evie's meatballs, let it simmer for a half-hour and we had a spaghetti and meatball dinner, just what I have been wanting.  The Barilla pasta sauce was pretty good and the meatballs were great.  We watched Colbert, the Jeopardy All-Time Champion show then finished the night with Off The Grid, a tent-like shelter being built in the wilds of Colorado's mountains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...