Thursday, January 23, 2020

That Morning Sky


7:11

7:20

7:21

7:52
It's 7:25 and I leave for breakfast in Bemus Point in a half hour.  I have been up since 6:00, a frosty 15º morning, a red, now pink horizon off towards the south, Tom's Point.  The lake is frozen and the fishermen were out yesterday afternoon and five this morning at 9:15.

They Are Back
Yesterday was another decent winter day, some sun, some clouds.  Our routine rarely changes so that we finished the blog before I left for a yoga class.  There were only four of us and our teacher, Jen, is thinking of no longer offering the class, alas.  She is really good.  After class, I stopped at Ryder's Cup, and it was Dave's birthday, one of the regulars.  It was a busy place.

I was home just afternoon and Evie had been busy although because of the ice, she stayed inside, not venturing out.  I stopped at Walmart after coffee to buy some deicer because our walk was a sheet of ice.  Lunch was leftovers, mac n cheese, and cauliflower soup. And I watched my show, read some and napped,  By 4:00, I was antsy and ventured out on my cross country skies and was surprised at how pleasant it was, the snow still dry enough for skiing.  I went down through the campground, around the boat lifts and home, about a half-hour and I worked up a sweat.

Cross Country Skiing Between The Boat Lifts
When I returned home, Evie was showering because we were going out to dinner at  Jack and Diane's house on Elm Flat Road.  They live on a 60-acre farm and it was a half-hour drive, taking our time because of poorly lit Amish buggies on the road.  They live in a cozy, many roomed farmhouse. We relaxed with chips, queso and beers, then enjoyed two great soups with bread and salad for dinner.  We then were treated to their photographs from their five-week trip to Australia, Tasmania, and New Zealand this past fall.  The trip, the photographs, everything about their journey was amazing.  We could not help but want to visit there some time, especially New Zealand, a spectacular and varied climate, the highlight being the viewing of penguins.  It was a great evening. 

Dinner With Jack And Diane
We didn't get home till late for us, 10:15, driving on quiet, still snow-covered roads.  We watched a bit of the news before going up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...