Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Winter Returns In Photographs

7:12

7:33

7:34

7:58

Add caption8:58
It's 7:30 and I have been up for an hour, the sky lightening to the south, then darkening, a changeable weather morning on the lake.  The lake is open in front of our house, frozen out in the middle, as ducks, both bufflehead and mallards float by. I am tempted to get out there. And I did kayak, starting out with sun and blue skies,  stopped by a soup of ice at the reeds, ending in a blizzard, an amazingly changeable morning of Chautauqua weather.

Kayaking To The Siun

Woodlawn/Victoria

Woodlawn/Victoria

A Wavy Lake

The Sun, The Sun
Yesterday morning was surprisingly cold, in the mid 20's so I decided to just relax, write the blog, get ready for yoga and skip a paddle, a good choice.  I drove to yoga at 9:00, after chipping the ice off of my windshield.  We had a good class with Julie, ten of us, which was nice.  I skipped both coffee and shopping and drove straight home.  Evie had made me a pot of black bean soup for lunch, so I was happy, enjoying it with a couple of pieces of pizza, frozen and thawed.  She was getting ready to go to the gym and shop some and was on her way before I finished my lunch.  I watched a couple of episodes of Peaky Blinders.  Since Evie was off shopping, I felt like a bad boy, doing something he shouldn't be doing, by watching more than one episode.  I also read and took a nap.

Woodlawn In The Afternoon

Victoria and Woodlawn
Evie returned around 3:30, having stock up on goodies from Wegmans and was prepared for the first time for Wegman's banning of plastic bags, a great idea. It does not go in effect for a couple of weeks but she thought why not begin immediately.  I helped unload the car then went for a walk on another sunny afternoon, along the lakefront of Victoria to Telkins, then up the hill and back through the snow-covered woods, crossing the creek and walking home down Kinney's run, a good forty-minute walk.  I love the view of the setting sun through the bare tree limbs.

Woodlawn

Victoria Creekl

Victoria Path

Kinney's Woods
Evie was interested in making a recipe she saw on TV, consisting of spaghetti squash, with chicken, cream cheese, broccoli, and both mozzarella and parmesan cheese.  Once everything is mixed together, it's stuffed back in the squash shell and baked.  So I made us both a bloody mary as she put dinner together and put it in the oven.

Wine Time
We then relaxed in the living room until 6:00 when we turned on the TV to find out Iran had sent missiles to bases in Iraq.  That became the news for the next hour or two as all the pundits wondered as to the response from the White House.  Predictably, Fox News and CNN and MSNBC saw things differently, alas, never able to agree on anything political.  We took a respite from the news to watch Colbert for a couple of laughs, then Jeopardy's Round Of Champions, an hour show.  It was fun to watch and the three contestants were amazingly knowledgeable about everything, true dilettantes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...