Friday, January 24, 2020

Fishing As Sun Rises


Fishing Before Sunrise
7:13
7:21
7:33
 It's 7:15 as I start this and I have been up since 5:45.  The first fishermen were walking out on the ice at 6:30 and I could hear them talking.  They had a lantern to lead the way but now it's light enough to see them clearly.  Like yesterday morning, a bright red streak hangs over Tom's Point, the southern shoreline. 

7:35 
7:50
We had another partly sunny day Thursday, perhaps a trend is starting here in Chautauqua County.  It was in the teens early, ending up in the high 30's by the end of the day.  I made it to breakfast at 8:00 at a crowded Bemus Point Inn.  It seems like Thursday morning is a good day for guys to gather, as there were at least four tables of men, all seeming retirees.  After breakfast, I finished up the blog and drove to Yin Yoga with Danielle.  It's a class of regulars for the most part, as Yin meets both on Mondays and Thursdays.  After class, I went to the bank and cashed two checks from medical facilities, as I overpaid for services.  I ought to do what my financial planner suggested; never pay for the first medical bill; always wait for the second, then pay.  I also stopped and got my car washed, waiting in line because of many locals at the same idea.  Finally, I did a quick run-through at Aldi's, picking up a few bargains, some staples for dinner. 

Lunch was ready when I returned home, the last of the chicken noodle soup and a couple of hard salami sandwiches.  I was ready to relax in front of the TV, enjoy my lunch and watch my show.  Evie was talking on the phone with our friend Vi so I waved and said I was going to read, then take a nap. Because of my nap, the afternoon went quickly and by 4:30, I was ready to do something outdoors despite the graying sky.  So I put on my skis and cross country skied for forty-five minutes through the Woodlawn/Victoria woods, following, for the most part, the trail set by our neighbor Jeff.  I was more cautious than usual so I took off my skis on one hill, lacking confidence that I would be able to stop at the bottom.  It was a good choice for a 77-year-old guy. 

Winter Dreary
Fishing at 5:40 PM
When I returned Evie had prepped dinner, marinating the salmon, making the garlic spinach and a salad so we could relax with a glass of wine before dinner.  We ate earlier than usual, at 6:00 because we were both hungry and the salmon with rice, garlic spinach, and salad filled the bill.  We were not sure what to watch so we went back to our usual, Colbert, then some home improvement shows, with sections of the impeachment hearings which dominated all three major channels.  Adam Schiff was most impressive, with his command of the facts, seemingly without notes.  I am not sure, however, if it will make any difference, whether any Republicans were listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...