Thursday, January 16, 2020

Waiting For The Snow On A Windy Morning


7:34

9:03
It's 7:00, still dark, as the wind continues, shaking the trees and house. We should get a few inches of snow today, then more over the weekend as it begins to get cold once again.  It's a no kayak morning for sure.

A Suuny Wednesday
Yesterday was as nice a day as we have had in the past few months. Blue skies and sun most of the day, speed boats out on the lake and I got in a good hour kayak and spotted a muskrat rambling in the lake.  So after the blog, I drove to yoga with Jen, just four of us, then a stop at the coffee shop to chew the fat with Dave and Paul, two locals I have gotten to know at Ryders. It was great sitting there, sun streaming in the windows, catching up on life in Lakewood, as it used to be, as it is now. 

The Guys At Ryder's Cup, Dave and Paul
I was home, then, by 12:30 and Evie was watching the impeachment proceedings.  I warmed up the cauliflower soup, made myself a bagel with cream cheese and tomato, then watched my show Peaky Blinders, finishing up the end of Season Four, starting Five.

I started a new book, The Good Detective, which seemed familiar, so I looked up my history on the Chautauqua Library website and realized I had read it a couple of years ago.  So I put it aside, napped, and woke to sun and blue skies.  I couldn't stay in the house with weather like that so I put on my boots and walked in the neighborhood woods, Woodlawn/Victoria.  It was strange to have the woods littered with brown, leaves and mud, the sky blue, sun shining through the trees. It was good to be outside, sun on my face, a light wind.







When I returned, it was time for both of us to shower and get ready because we were being picked up by Linda and Ron at 5:00.  We were going to the Lakewood Cinema to see the award-winning film set during WW I called 1917.  We knew it would be hard to watch and it was, as the realism of what it was like to fight in the trenches of France was shocking, also amazing as it was so real.  Two young men are sent to warm a battalion that their attack would lead to a massacre thus they should retreat.  On the way, one dies, the other finds the battalion and saves the day after a harrowing walk through what used to be enemy lines.  It's worth seeing what was at that time The War To End All Wars.  If only. 

You Never Have Enough Popcorn
We ended up at the Seezurh House for dinner and I was happy to see they had stuffed cabbage rolls as a special.  It had been crowded earlier, a good sign, but we were there at a good time and had our beers and dinners quickly.  It was a good choice and we ran into our good friends, Barb and Dana, who we have not seen in quite a while.

When we got home we watched our previously recorded Rachel Maddow interview Rudy Guiliani's aide Less Parnas indict Giuliani, Trump, Nunes, Pence, and Barr in the attempt to coverup the bribery of Ukraine's President.  Parnas was surprisingly articulate, not a dummy, and I am sure most Democrats found him believable, Republicans, a liar.  AND SO IT GOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...