Saturday, January 25, 2020

Meltdown


7:36
8:04
No Fishing Huts This Morning
It's 9:00 as I start my blog and we are both up, looking out at the melting lake, where pools of water cover the ice.  It's another gray on gray morning, not a shard of sunlight, just gray skies and shoreline reflections on the ice.

Friday Afternoon Fishing
Friday was Friday, not much different from most Fridays in January.  The day started early, getting up at 5:00, listening to podcasts, shooting some morning photos, then writing the blog.  I made myself go to yoga, tired of it after a full week.  I am glad I did, as always, because I usually feel great after class.  I decided to drive to a local grocery/produce store in Celeron, Brigiotta's.  It's been serving the area forever.  I was there to get their feta cheese from Greece, some phyllo dough and I picked up a sub sandwich to go.

When I returned home, Evie had been working on the pantry, another never-ending job since we don't have enough space for all our goodies.  At least we can now find something if we want it.  We split the sub and I watched my show, read some, then took my nap.  My day does not change much.  We decided to finish the Anne With A E series on Netflix, watching the last two episodes midafternoon,.  We like it despite its attempts to bring in modern themes.  And as I said before, Anne is a delight.

Once again we were at six and sevens as to what to do for dinner,.  We thought driving to the Stockton Inn for a fish fry was a good idea but as we got closer to 6:00, the half hour drive in the dark and rain seemed to be too much.  So we went to our stand by the Rod and Gun club for dinner.  For once, we had to wait quite a while for a seat at the bar but we ran into a couple we had met previously from Falconer whom we really liked.  We talked with them for 20 minutes before finding a seat at the bar, then being called to dinner.  Evie had the fish fry and I had pork chops with a tasty Ceasar salad and fries,  It was a busy place and we always enjoy the ambiance.

We were home by 8:30, in time to watch Colbert, more of the Impeachment hearings, then some basketball before going up to be earlier than usual, at 10:00.  It seemed like a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...