Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Mostly Gray


Monday Afternoon
It's just about 8:00 and I have been sitting here in quiet, no radio, no podcast and it has been nice.  The sky and lake have changed from dark to light gray, the sun still obscured by clouds. It's a chilly 23º and won't get much warmer today.  I keep expecting to see fishermen on the lake but so far, none have appeared.  We need a couple more days in the teens before they venture forth.

This Morning at 7:30
Yesterday we were treated to what I think of like a snow day out West: blue skies, sunshine, and brilliantly white snow.  What a surprise after Sunday's snow.  Sunrise was spectacular and set the tone for the day.  My day did not change much as I went to a good Yin yoga class at 9:30, stopped for coffee and talked with Dave and Steve before driving to Wegman's to pick up a few staples for the week.  It was busy everywhere since it was MLK Day and kids did not have school. 

Woodlawn Road
I was home by 12:00 and Evie had been busy, even did some shoveling of our parking area.  For lunch she heated up a leftover juicy lucy and mac n cheese from Friday and I had a good lunch.  I am on the final season of Peaky Blinders as new bad guys have appeared from the north, Billy Boys, threatening Tommy and family.  I am not loving my book, American Spy, yet but it is getting better, lots of digressions and not much spying, yet.  After my nap, I went up to the attic and pulled down our cross-country skis, poles and snowshoes.  I guess I am starting to believe its winter.  Evie was not ready to get out there yet but I decided to give it a try, strapped on my skis and went off through our neighborhood, to the campground and back.  The roads were icy so I had to bushwhack through a foot of snow, through yards and around campers and boat lifts.  I ran into our neighbors who were also out enjoying skiing, Barb, Jim, Joe and Betsy off for the three day weekend.  It was good to get out but I was a bit rusty so I avoided any hills.

Long Point, Late Afternoon
We then decided to enjoy some wine with appetizers and just enjoyed both and the end of the day until 6:30.  Evie then made a salad, microwaved our dinner, leftover moussaka and we were fat and happy in our TV room, watching the pundit's excitement over the impeachment.  We watched it for awhile, channel surfing between the big three, the watched some basketball and home improvement shows.  One of our favorites is back on, Home Town, set in Laurel,  Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...