Thursday, January 30, 2020

14º On A Pink Sky Morning


7:20
Early Birds
7:25
It's 7:20 and I have been up for an hour.  I did not, however, beat the ice fishermen up as they were out when I looked out at the lake.  It must be a bit chilly out there but they look like they are having fun.

Yesterday was uneventful, beginning with an early rising, the blog and then yoga in Lakewood with the same four people each week, a good class.  I stopped at Sav A Lot and picked up some pork ribs for our pork and sauerkraut dinner on Super Bowl Sunday, easy and tasty.  When I got home, Evie was relaxing after a busy morning.  I warmed up the Greek soup and ate the rest of my sub from Walmart and watched my new series, Tin Star.  I am not crazy about it but will stick with it for another couple of episodes to see if I get pulled in.

3:50 PM
The impeachment hearings started at 1:00 and we watched them on and off during the afternoon.  I took a timeout to read and nap, then watched until I got bored and decided I needed to get some exercise.  I decided to walk our woods mostly because the sun had come out, the sky was blue after a couple of days of gray.  It was a good walk, following many animal tracks as well as footsteps and cross country ski tracks.  I was out for forty-five minutes, longer than usual because I took my time and took lots of photographs. 

Peter Rabbit
By 5:30, we were enjoying a glass of wine and had taken time off from watching the hearings. We had a good laugh as the pundits made fun of Alan Dershowitz's ridiculous defense of Trump, deservedly so. His histrionics and sophistry undercut his believability and reputation, already stained by having Jeffrey Epstein as a client. Dinner was a couple of burgers, with grilled onions and mushrooms as toppings along with a salad and a cheesy cauliflower bake. Yum. 

We watched a couple of Colberts in between some of the impeachment, a Home Town, then to bed, tired of watching TV, the arguing, the sameness, the posturing of the speakers.  To quote Macbeth: "It is a tale/ Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,/ Signifying nothing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...