Thursday, September 13, 2018

WarmIng Up, Clouding Up


6:30

7:47
It's 10:15 as I start writing this blog, after a paddle at 7:00, breakfast in Bemus Point at 8:00, then helping a friend move a heavy workbench from one side of the lake to the other.  It's in the 70's already, will be in the 80's later in the day.

Kayak Morning

Looking North

Wood Ducks
Yesterday was a good day although it did not start out that way.  We were expecting to talk with Evie's neurosurgeon at 9:20 but received a call that he was behind schedule and we would have to wait until later in the day.  So I got ready to go to yoga, gathered up my things, and decided to take all the returnable cans back to the can center.  As I was taking the bottles out of our window seat,  I found the keys to my Subaru which had been missing since August.  Needless to say, it saved me a hundred and fifty bucks, the cost of replacing keys these days.  I then went to yoga, a good class, and came home around 11:30 and found Evie out on the dock.  She was happy because she had talked with the surgeon and he agreed 100% with her decision to go with laminectomy, the lesser of two evils.  The best part, no more uncertainty as to which surgery makes the most sense.  So we have scheduled her surgery for late October, having canceled the surgery for today, the 13th because of our uncertainty. It was a good morning.

An Afternoon Cruise
The afternoon was relaxing, as we had no plans.  I had my soup and leftover pork chop, then napped and when I woke, it was starting to clear up some.  So we decided to take a boat ride down to the Chautauqua Institution, dock our boat and go for a walk.  It was a good decision, cool and refreshing on the lake, a bit too humid as we walked around the CI.  Still, it was a good choice and we enjoyed it, not getting home until 5:30.  I put the cover back on the boat and Evie got dinner ready.  Earlier in the day she had roasted chicken breasts, so she cut them up, roasted some asparagus, made a salad and heated up the leftover vodka pasta.  We had more than enough for dinner, the chicken was tender and I finished off the leftover pasta.  We watched a new episode of Season Two of OZARK, then a couple of Stephen Colbert's, finishing the night with Vice News.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...