Thursday, September 20, 2018

"Let There Be Light"

6:46

7:12


7:15

7:16
7:44

7:49
It 9:20 and I sit down to begin my blog.  I decided to get in a paddle before driving off to Bemus Point for breakfast.  When I woke, at 6:30,  the morning sky was gray, with a slash of light over the eastern coast.  Soon, however, as I kayaked out on the lake, the sun peaked out from the sky, its reflection bright on the lake.  During my paddle, I saw no herons,  a couple of cormorants, the same two as yesterday.  When I returned, the sun had disappeared, a cloud bank moved in, and all was gray once again.  And driving across the bridge to Bemus at 8:00, the south end of the lake was fogged in. 
Kayak Morning

A Cormorant Perched
Yesterday went quickly for some reason.  We finished the blog, I kayaked, with talked and watched some TV and before we knew it, it was 11:30.  And it was another fine late summer day, lots of sunshine and warm but uncomfortably so.  I had lunch, the leftover sub sandwich, watched another LUTHER and Evie decided to take advantage of the day and went out on the dock.  I finished my lunch, started a new, old Daniel Silva, THE CONFESSOR,  napped briefly, then woke, ready to get something done.  So I fired up the lawn mower and cut the lawn, at a diagonal this time, the way the lawn lovers in the 1960's used to cut their lawns. I have to admit it looks great, not the usual checkboard patttern. I was done by 4:00, in time to enjoy some sun before we decided to get ready and go out to the Viking Club for dinner.

We got there at 6:30 and it was quite busy for a Wednesday night.  We found seats at the bar and Evie ended up talking with our good friend Barb for at least a half hour.  I ordered our dinner, a Rueben with onion rings, a burger with fries.  When I went up to the kitchen to get our dinner, we said aloha to Barb and her husband Dana, as they had driven up in the boat to pick up their wings.  Neither one of us finished up our dinners for some reason and Evie brought half of a Reuben home for lunches. 

We were home by 8:30, watched some Stephen Colbert, another couple of episodes of CHEERS before going up to bed.  It was not the best of birthdays for Evie but good enough, as she was able to enjoy the dock and go out for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...