Thursday, September 6, 2018

That Morning Sky


6:00

6:50 Kayak
Another spectacular morning sky, lots of clouds and color here early, at 6:00, the advantage of waking up at 5:30.  It has cooled off, a welcome relief, with the high today in the 70's, perhaps some rain.  I welcome it.  It's 6:35 as I finish this.  I have breakfast at 8:00 and I want to get in some kayaking before so I better get in the water soon.  Thursday's are a busy morning for me, with writing my blog, paddling, breakfast in Bemus, then yoga.

Kayak Morning

Kayak Morning
Yesterday was about as hot and humid as it's ever been here at the lake, with the temperatures near 90 if not above.  I was smart to paddle early and head off to yoga at 9:30, escaping the heat in our yoga class.  I did, however, work up a sweat even there, in the air-conditioned studio.  When I returned home, Evie was taking it easy for once and was contemplating cutting the lawn, something she should avoid with her back problems.  So I gassed up the power, took off my shirt, put on my baseball cap and cut half the yard, working up a nice sweat, so that I could take a cooling swim before lunch.

Lunch was leftover teriyaki steak and potato salad, the last of both and I watched THE CODE, nearing the end I think.  It was too hot for either of us to go outside and enjoy the dock, so we hunkered down in the house, windows closed, fans on and either read, napped or watched some TV. About 3:00, I decided to gas up the boat since we might be taking some cruises over the next day or two because my sister Linda and her husband Rich are coming today, Thursday, and spending the night.  So I drove off to Hogan's, filled up two five-gallon cans and came home and emptied them in my boat.  It should last me another week or two.  I then finished the lawn, took another swim and sat down and talked with our neighbors for a bit, under the shade of their maple.  Occasionally, we had a cooling breeze.  While I was cutting the lawn, Evie put together some chicken enchiladas for Wednesday night's dinner, making enough for today's lunch.

Heron In The Afternoon, On Our Dock
By 5:30, we were both uncomfortable so we put on our suits, grabbed a beer and went out and sat on the dock, as the day began to ebb, the sun hid behind our trees, leaving us in the shade at the end of the dock.  We went for a swim, the third time for me, then came in and Evie started to prep dinner.

We had the enchiladas, loaded with goodies, and no need for a salad because of the goodies and watched two more episodes of SHARP OBJECTS.  It is becoming riveting and we had to discipline ourselves to not watch another episode.  Evie went up to bed early and I watched some tennis until I too got tired and went up to read before falling asleep.

BREAKING NEWS from The Contributing Editor:

Happy 75th Birthday to My Editor-In-Chief!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...