Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Foggy Morning


6:40

6:41
9:20, Fog Lifts
I woke around 6:30 and to my surprise, the house was surrounded by fog, the dock and boat barely visible.  The humidity seems palpable this morning, a 93%. There will be no kayaking or boating until it burns off.  The last time I paddled in the fog this heavy I lost my way, thinking I was going towards Tom's Point but ended up in Wells Bay.  It's 8:00 as we finish the blog and the fog is so heavy I can hardly see the end of the dock. Well, I returned from an amazing paddle, starting in fog, returning in sunshine.  And I ran across the geese decoys and the hunter once again.  He looks comfortable.

Kayaking In The Fog

Canadian Geese Decoys
A Relaxed Geese Hunter
Monday continued the hot and humid days here at the lake, typical for Labor Day and the start of school for many.  It was a last gasp for the weekenders and vacationers as the lake and cottages slowly emptied so that this morning, there will be few if any fishing boats out early.  I will have the lake to myself once the fog rises.  I decided to go to yoga even though it was Labor Day, so I had a short paddle but did get a few interesting photos of either mallards or wood ducks. We had a substitute teacher, a gal who has taught a few times.  She is enthusiastic, loves teaching and is the only one who rubs an analgesic on your back and neck at the beginning of class, a spray of rose water at the end, including a brief foot massage during Savasana.  It's different and most don't mind being touched or massaged or sprayed.

Magnificent In Mauve
After class, there was no need to shop since we were going to the Viking mid-afternoon for a chicken barbecue and raffle to benefit the club.  So I came straight home and Evie was taking it easy for, after all, yesterday was a holiday, a day to enjoy and put labor aside.  We were leaving for the Viking at 2:30, so we skipped lunch, and Evie enjoyed some sun and swimming while I read and watched some of the US Open tennis.

Barb And Jim With Winning Ticket
At 2:30, we walked down to our neighbors, Jim and Barb's, and they drove over to the Viking Club, the parking lot packed with people.  It was a busy place and we even had to wait in line to get a beer.  We found a table outside with an umbrella, it was cool enough to enjoy the outdoors.  The chicken was compliments of the Fire Department and it was really good although it looked burnt.  I wish I knew how they did it because it was tender and juicy.  Because it was a benefit for the club, they were selling tickets for a drawing for various prizes.  A few years ago Barb had won a cooler filled with shrimp and steaks.  So both she and Evie bought tickets and Barb said she was going to win.  And she did, a large cooler with steaks, shrimp and lobster tails.  Because both she and Jim are vegetarians, we got the steaks (actually a tenderloin) so everyone was happy.  We left around 5:00 and came home to a warm house.

A Winner!
Evie sat on the front porch while I watched the end of the PGA, something I rarely do.  Around 7:00, it was still uncomfortably warm in the house, so Evie went for a swim and I joined her on the dock, enjoying the cool air.  When she came in, we watched another episode of A PLACE TO CALL HOME, lots of problems and enjoyed a peach crisp with ice cream.  We ended the night watching two episodes of CHEERS before going up to bed.

Sun Setting At 7:40

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...