Wednesday, September 12, 2018

"O What A Beautiful Morning"


6:34
7:00

7:01

7:08
It's after 8:00 and I have been up for a couple of hours, enjoying my coffee, then a long paddle over to Tom's Point, about an hour on the water.  It was a colorful morning dawn, finally, after days of gray.  It should start to get warmer today, somewhere in the 70's, with a chance of showers.

Kayak Morning

Fishing On The Dock On The Lake

Heron Among The Reeds
Yesterday was a lost day for me because I was up so early, by 5:00, because of a faulty fire alarm.  I should not have kayaked because I was beat when I came home and collapsed on the couch.  Meanwhile, Evie was up to her usual, figuring out what we should get done for the day.  I was not too enthusiastic obviously.  So once I got some energy back, we took a stab at our attic, a continuing mess from this summer where we pulled things out for the family, then threw them back in no order so we have quite a task of putting things back in order and finding space for whatever we bought this summer with no thought as to where we would store it.

After some progress, we decided to put things off until another day, again, and I made myself some lunch, cauliflower soup, and a sandwich and Evie showered because she had a chiropractor appointment at 1:30.  I started an older series from Great Britain, LUTHER,  and I am not sure if I will stick with it.  It's not bad but has not grabbed me yet.  While Evie was gone, I went upstairs to read and hopefully nap.  I did for about forty-five minutes and felt a bit more like myself.

The Woods

Still Green
Evie was home earlier than expected, around 3:00.  Around 4:00, I was so disgusted with myself, with lying around, that I decided to walk the Woodlawn/Victoria woods.  It was a good idea; walking in the woods always picks up my mood, makes me mellow. And I stopped to talk with our neighbor, Pat, and play with her Westies.

Sugar And Libby
It's a fairly short jaunt, takes about 30 minutes if I pause to take a photo so I was back by 5:15, in time to shower and get cleaned up because we were going out to dinner at 6:15 with Linda and Ron.

We were sitting at Steener's Bar by 6:35, enjoying a beer, talking with the bartender, then ordered the steak specials, two ribeyes, and french fries for twenty bucks, a deal.  Well, it wasn't such a great deal because our ribeyes were tough, either grilled too long or a select cut.  Usually, they are fine which is why we keep coming back.  We had a good time, anyways, as the beer and fries are always good.

Our Besties
We were home by 8:30 in time to watch a Colbert, his interview with Bob Woodward.  And then, we watched an amazing 24 minutes, a must watch for any Beatles fan.  James Corden had Paul McCartney as his guest on CARPOOL KARAOKE and they returned to Paul's roots in Liverpool, where they visit Paul's old haunts, the home he grew up in, and Paul sings various Beatles songs in a Liverpool Pub.  It's a great show, filled with nostalgia, and it brings James to tears.  WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvzCTqkBDQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...