Saturday, September 8, 2018

A Taste Of Autumn


9:00
I was awakened late, at 7:00, by the roar of bass boats as they are having a big fishing tournament this weekend.   Now, at 7:45, I can count five boats fishing of Woodlawn/Victoria docks.  It's a deliciously cool morning, 63º and we should have a high only in the 60's.  There went summer?  It's 9:00, and I am back from a paddle on 'rough seas', on a gray, windy morning.

Kayak Morning
Yesterday went quickly for some reason although we hardly got anything accomplished.  I did get in a half hour paddle and when I returned, everyone was up, enjoying their coffee.  Around 9:30, Evie made a big breakfast for Linda and Rich, fried eggs, bagels, home fries and peameal bacon from the Lighthouse Grocery.  After breakfast, we sat out on the front porch talking until 11:00 or so when they headed home, hoping to take the scenic way home, along Lake Erie on RT. 5.

Heron On Our Dock
We did not do much of note the rest of the day.  Evie spent part of her afternoon reclined on the dock and I stayed inside reading or watching some tennis.  Neither of us felt like getting things done.  They could wait for another cool day.  We left for Lakewood around 3:30 because Evie had an appointment with a chiropractor at 4:00.  I dropped her off and did some shopping at Wegman's and Home Depot while she was at the chiropractor.  We decided on an easy dinner, so we texted our order to Pizza Hut, right next to Wegman's and I picked it up after shopping.  And by the time I was done shopping and picking up the pizza, Evie was finished, so I picked her up and we drove home.

We decided it was nice enough to sit on the front porch with a glass of wine and appetizers, so we sat out there for a good hour, marveling at how quiet the lake was on a Friday night.  I guess summer is really over for the weekenders and visitors.  We were looking forward to the pizza because Pizza Hut used to be a favorite but it was disappointing, both the crust and sauce.  We will stick with our local pizza place from now on.  We watched the last two episodes of HBO's SHARP OBJECTS, with its confusing, surprisingly, and demented ending.  And you have to watch the credits to really confirm your thinking.  I am tempted to read the novel but since I know the ending, probably won't.  That was it for the night, so we went up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...