Sunday, September 2, 2018

A Fickle Morning Sky

6:24

7:08
I was up at 6:20, a surprisingly quiet Labor Day weekend at least this early.  The sky is opening up now, at 7:00, as the morning gray is beginning to be taken over by the sun and clear skies.

Rising Through The Clouds
In fact, I just saw the sun momentarily peak through the clouds on its rise. I took a long paddle down to Whitney Bay, the entrance to Snug Harbor Marina and back, a good hour and a half.  It's 9:40 as we finish up the blog and we can hear thunder in the distance. 

Stormy Weather
And now, at 10:00, the storm and winds have arrived and we just watched out chaise lounge fly up in the air and into the lake.

Kayak Morning
Fishing From A Ski Boat

Wood Ducks On A Tree Limb
Yesterday ended up being a pleasant day despite the temperature in the 80's.  I was up and out on the lake early, wrote my blog, transferred my photographs before Evie woke at 9:00, lucky girl to have slept in for once.  Once she was awake, we published the blog and I gathered all the trash for my trip to the Transfer Station, a bag including all my old tee shirts.  Sad making.  After the visit to the Transfer Station, I drove to just beyond the bridge to buy corn from Jeremy, a guy I have been buying corn from for years.  He's quite an entrepreneur, planting and selling his and other people's corn as well as putting docks both in and out.  I then drove to the Lighthouse Grocery to pick up some ribeye for our teriyaki steak dinner tonight.  Finally, I returned home just after noon and Evie had been busy while I was gone and was now ready to enjoy the dock.  So she quickly made me avocado and tomato sandwiches, then put on her bathing suit, gathered up her things and went out to enjoy the sun and nice breeze under the umbrella.  I watched my show, THE CODE, some football, Ohio State, read some, napped, then joined Evie on the dock around 3:00 for an hour before we both jumped in for a swim, to cool off.

Raindrops On A Nasturtium Blossom (thanks, Joyce)
We were going out to dinner at 6:00, so we showered and for once, I got gussied up (Evie always looks good). By that I mean I wore a long-sleeved button-down shirt and slacks instead of Bermuda shorts and a tee shirt. We had reservations at the bar at Brazil's in Westfield but did not need them because when we arrived, there was only one other couple at the bar.  It felt 'grown up' to go out to a restaurant rather than a bar for dinner. It reminded me of when we were dating and would go to Jim's Steak House in the Cleveland Flats.  No burgers or wings, but a real meal, like short ribs with mashed potatoes for me, a maple flavored pork chop for Evie.  We struck up a conversation with a couple from Connecticut who had just dropped off their son at Oberlin College and had happened across Brazil's, obviously a good choice.

We drove home around 8:15 and just as we were nearing the lake, it started to pour and continued as we drove into our parking area.  We quickly ran in the house, barely getting wet.  We ended the night watching the first episode of Season Six of A PLACE TO CALL HOME.  I had forgotten how melodramatic it was, an Australian soap opera but we will watch it to the end, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...