Saturday, September 15, 2018

Bass Boats Cometh


7:46

7:03

7:10 
It's 7:00 and the roar of bass boats is filling the lake, as boats fly back and forth in front of Long Point.  The once quiet, peaceful, calm morning on the lake has disappeared.  Fortunately, it last only two days and Monday, the lake will be back to normal.  And now, at 7;10, the quiet is deafening as the boats have blasted off to sweet spots up and down the lake. I did get in a paddle, photographed a couple of blue herons, ran into our neighbors, Tina and Jim, out for their weekend paddle.
Elegance
Yesterday was hot and humid, the high just about 80º, warm enough for us to get in some dock time and I even went for a swim.  Early, I took a long, leisurely paddle and since I am taking a hiatus from yoga, I could take my time and not worry about class.  It makes a difference in how I enjoy my paddle, no worry about time, just dawdle along if I wish.  When I returned, we decided on dinner, chicken, mushrooms and artichoke hearts.  So Evie made me a list and I drove off to Lakewood, stopping for a coffee at Ryder's Cup of course.  Wegman's is always crowded on Fridays but I made it through check out quickly and was soon out in the hot asphalt parking lot, always shocking.  
Nobility
When I came home, Evie was watching the weather channel, as one station vied with another to make the weather look more dramatic.  The guy who practically was knocked over by the wind obviously was the winner.  He made it to YouTube.  Lunch was easy, more cauliflower soup and a leftover sub sandwich from the Lighthouse.  And I am sticking with the British series, LUTHER.  It's a typical cop show, with more of a psychological bent, Luther being the brainy detective.  I am reading THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER WEB, a take-off on the Liz Salander novels.  I fell asleep reading, as Evie put together our dinner, browning the chicken thighs and mushrooms, then putting the casserole in the oven to bake.  And when I got up, she was out on the dock, enjoying some sun.  

I felt energetic after my nap, so I powered up the lawn mower and cut the grass, to Evie's specifications of course.  It took me all of forty-five minutes to  get the grass cut and work up a sweat.  I joined Evie on the dock, took a swim to cool off, and did some sunbathing of my own.  

New Glass
We decided to break out the brie and crackers for our cocktail hour and I used my new glasses for the first time, with a couple of Manhattans.  They sure worked well.  We watched the lake slowly quiet, the sun light up the eastern shore, the puffy clouds roll in and out.

Spectacular Clouds
Dinner was mostly made, as all Evie had to do was make a salad and cook the rice.  We have been making this dinner since our days in Honolulu back in the 1960's when this was our go-to dinner for company.  It's still great. and there's enough leftover for my lunches.  We watched Stephen Colbert, some Vice News before going up to bed early, tired from our day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...