Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sun Rise, Fog Rise


7:01

7:06

7:07

7:20

7"31
I was up just before 7:00, just before the roar of bass boats but in time to see a glorious sunrise. Now at 7:40, however, the sun is hidden behind clouds and banks of fog are rolling in on the lake.  When I checked the weather, they had a heavy fog alert but I thought they were just wrong as usual.  Maybe not.  I also should mention that when I walked outside, I was met by the hum of lake flies, back for their annual visit and the air was filled with their hum. It's 9:20 and I had a good paddle, shot a couple of photographs of a heron, so it was a good morning.

Looking For Breakfast

Mallards Among The Reeds
Yesterday was a wasted day for some reason so I don't have much to say.  We knew we were going out to dinner so there was no need to shop or doing any prepping.  So after my paddle, finishing up the blog, we took it easy before we realized that the one thing we had to do was gather the trash.  So Evie cleaned out the refrigerator, I gathered the trash and took it to the Transfer Station where they were checking stickers to make sure people were from North Harmony.

And that was about it for the day as for as anything productive.  Neither of us felt like boating or enjoying the sun on the dock, maybe because the temperature was in the 80's.  So we watched more weather news, then I had lunch, the leftover chicken with mushroom and artichokes and rice.  O, yea, Evie knew I liked rice with it so she thoughtfully made some for me, the nice wife.  I watched another Luther before taking a nap and doing some reading.  When I got up, I watched some football or whatever on TV, read, and both of us more or less waited around it was time to shower and get spiffed up for dinner.

Neighbors
Our neighbor from Houston, Pat, had invited us and our next door neighbors, Bill and Joyce over for dinner.  We got there at 6:00 and it was just the five of us since Pat's husband, David, is out of town on business.  We settled down in Pat's living room, with her great view of the lake, had a glass of wine and some appetizers.  Dinner was delicious, ham balls, with roasted veggies and mac and cheese.  We had ham balls once before so we knew they were good, a combination of ground ham, pork, probably some breadcrumbs that are then baked with a sweet sauce.  Yummy.  Dessert was a German apple cake as we finished up the night at the dinner table, talking about fall, the winter, when both of them would be closing up and heading home to Houston and Philadelphia respectively.  We, of course, will be staying, left alone on Woodlawn, with a couple of other hearty families like us who like or can put up with the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...