Friday, August 31, 2018

Only Gray

7:00

7:01 
I was up at 6:20, to a gray foggy morning, a lack of clarity, as all is black and white.  It's 61º and we should have a nice couple of days, perhaps some rain on Sunday.  Like most of recent week mornings, there's nothing stirring on the lake other than a few seagulls.

Kayak Morning
Thursday went quickly, too quickly, like this summer, the past eight years of retirement.  I started the day with a short, quick paddle because of breakfast at 8:00 with my friends.  The Bemus Point Inn is a popular place and I could hardly find a place to park.  I was home just after 9:00, in time to finish the blog and get ready for yoga.  Class on Thursday was at 10:00, with a bit different emphasis, the neck, arms and finally, the back.  I then stopped at Wegman's to pick up a few things; Evie forgot to update her Wegman's list, so I ended up buying things from last week's list.  Idiot.  When I got home, Evie was tearing apart her clothes closet, mine as well, as we are going to do a 'big ditch' of clothes we have not worn in years.  It's going to be hard to get rid of my 15-year-old tee shirts. Why is it so hard to get rid of things of little value or use?

A Profusion Of Dahlias
Evie had a hair appointment at 1:00 but had enough time to make me a couple of avocado and tomato sandwiches on Pepperidge Farm Bread.  Yum.  And I started an Australian series called THE CODE on Netflix and I like it so far.  I then had the house to myself for a few hours and wasted it, as usual, reading and napping.  Finally, just before Evie returned, I put on my hiking boots and pants and took a walk through the Woodlawn/Victoria woods for the first time in months.  The path was overgrown as no one else seems to have been on it as well so I will have to take my weed wacker up there and clear parts.  The deadfall, however, will need a chainsaw otherwise we will not be able to cross-country ski the path this winter. 

Pretty In Pink  
About 6:00 we relaxed with drinks and appetizers on the front porch for a good hour.  I made myself a bloody mary and Evie had a drink our Turkish friend Hasan made for us,  Martini and Rossi's Bianco with seltzer water and a slice of lemon.  For dinner, I had picked up a rotisserie chicken, so we had that with red potatoes and a salad for dinner.  And we had enough time to watch two more episodes of The Handmaid's Tale and have one to go.  I finished my Longmire and started the newest Daniel Silva novel, THE OTHER WOMAN.  It's nice to always have a new book to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...