Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Another Day In The 80's

6:24

6:44

6:51

6:53
It's 6:47 and the sun is just starting to rise above the hills behind Bemus Bay.  It's a humid 71º already, not a whisper of wind, with a quiet and empty lake.  I opened the windows but there's no breeze to cool off the house.  I just returned from a paddle, with only one photo of a kingfisher.  Every time I pulled out my camera to take a shot, the herons flew away.  Lots of kingfishers again, flitting about, chattering as they fly. 

Kayak Morning

Kingfisher
Yesterday we were back in our routine, as I paddled early before finishing the blog and then driving to Lakewood to a Yin Yoga class. After class, I stopped at Ryder's for a coffee and everyone was talking about the new hotel which will be opening this Thursday in Celeron.  Like us, no one seems to think it will be successful but hoping for the best.  I then did a quick run through Wegman's.  Monday is a good day because most of the senior citizens wait for 5% off day on Tuesday.  We are bucks up so I shop on Monday.

When I got home, Evie was vacuuming the porches, getting rid of all the stuff that tends to gather on a porch rather than being put away.  I helped with the front porch and the kitchen was already dandy so by lunchtime, our work was done.  Evie made us toasted cheese and ham sandwiches and I watched DSI Banks while Evie went out to enjoy the dock but lasted only a half an hour.  The heat and humidity was too much for me so I stayed in the house with a fan, reading, and napping as usual.  The rest of the afternoon we hung out, Evie on the phone with her good friend Vi for a bit.  And I called about my broken camera and they are sending me a reconditioned Lumix since my camera was still under warranty.  Let's hope that it lasts.

We decided to have an easy dinner, the leftover shrimp and grits with a fried egg so we sat on the front porch with wine and appetizers and out of nowhere with full sunshine, it started to briefly rain and a rainbow appeared, just like last week.  This was the second time it rained yesterday, a lot harder in the morning, just lightly around 6:30.  Both times I had my boat cover off.  I argue that if I leave my boat cover off, it will rain and yesterday proved my point.

Dinner was just as good as Sunday night and we watched another episode of THE HANDMAIDS TALE although we are getting fed up with our cutting the cable and streaming on DIRECT TV NOW.   Too often we are unable to get the guide or a program we want because of problems with streaming.  Spectrum, get ready to offer us a deal for reattaching the cable!  Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...