Thursday, August 16, 2018

Hazy And Warm, Again

6:47

I was up at 5:45, to haze, a gray sky, and an empty lake.  It's 6:39 and it's starting to get light, though it's like looking through an unfocused camera lens, nothing is sharp or clear.  It 65º and supposed to rain around noon, much of the afternoon and tonight.  I have heard that before.  It's 7:30 and I have been out for forty-five minutes on a quiet lake.  A sighting of a heron but as I pulled out my camera, he flew away.  I am off to breakfast in Bemus Point in twenty minutes.

Kayak Morning

Kayaking Morning
Yesterday was hot and humid, with an occasional breeze to cool us off.  My morning paddle was pleasant and I was easily home in time to get ready for yoga and head off by 9:30. There were only three of us in class so we did what the three of us wanted, a half hour of regular yoga, a half hour of restorative.  It's a good class, Jen is a great teacher and I cannot understand why we get 30 plus on a Monday for Yin and only three on Wednesday.  After class, I stopped at Ryder's and it was good to see Joyces' parents back at the cafe.  I then stopped at a self-car wash, then on to Wegman's for a big shopping spree since I haven't been there in almost a week, a record.  It was Wednesday and all the retirees usually shop on 5% Tuesdays, so I breezed through the aisles and check out.  On the way home, I stopped at the post office, to mail a letter and check on a package I sent a week ago.

Where's Mom?
When I got home, Evie had been busy of course and was ready to make my lunch, a quesadilla with lots of goodies inside.  It's amazing how Mexican food has taken over the American palate.  I remember the first Mexican restaurant to open in northeast Ohio, Marcelita's in Hudson and it was a go to place for us for twenty-five years.  Anyways, I watched another FAUDA and I  am down to the last episode, alas.  I will miss it.

The rest of the afternoon was typical, reading and napping for me, enjoying the dock for Evie.  Neither of us felt like doing much because of the 80º temperatures and humidity.  Around 5:00, I took the cover off the boat and Evie gathered some libations and pretzels and we took a cruise over to Bemus, along Lakeside Drive and back.  It was pleasant on the lake, a nice breeze and shade from the sun because of the bimini top.  We then enjoyed a glass of wine on the porch before Evie fried up the wiener schnitzel and roasted small red potatoes.  We had not had schnitzel in quite a while so it tasted good.  We watched some Stephen Colbert, san commercials because I forked out another five bucks a month for it.  Cutting the cable is getting more expensive.  We were tired out from doing little, probably the humidity and heat so we went up to bed early, around 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...