Saturday, August 11, 2018

Sun Rising Over A Curtain Of Clouds

5:57
I actually slept in, for me, sleeping in is getting up at 6:45, so I missed the sunrise on a partly cloudy morning.  It's 64º, cooler than usual and we may get some rain.  I just got back from a short paddle, no heron sighting.  I am off to the Subaru dealer to get my oil changed at 8:30 so I was not out on the lake for long, just enough to enjoy the quiet morning on the lake

Kayak Morning
Yesterday was a do nothing day for both of us.  For some reason, we lost our mojo and were content to relax either on the porch, on a couch, or out on the dock.  My only activity was an early morning paddle and that was it for the day.  Evie did some straitening up but no gardening, no deep cleaning,  as usual.  Around 11:00, I drove into Mayville to pick up a can of clear polyurethane for the painted rocks, hoping it will keep them intact from the elements.

Twins
Lunch was easy, the leftover Indian food from Thursday night's dinner.  And I watched another episode of the Israeli series, FAUDA which I am enjoying.  I am into a new book after finishing a couple of Gabriel Allon thrillers.  Its called THE SIGNAL FLAME by Andrew Krivac and its set in a small town in Pennsylvania and I really like it so far.  I fell asleep reading it, of course, then went out to join Evie on the dock for the rest of the afternoon. 

Around 5:30, we went for a swim to cool off, then went over to our neighbors to have a glass of wine before dinner.  Nothing like sitting on the front porch of a Chautauqua Lakehouse, enjoying the late afternoon and early evening.  We had no worry about dinner again because we were having the leftovers from our Wednesday night dinner at Rocco's, the chicken and eggplant parmesan.  We are the kings of leftovers.  We watched another episode of THE HANDMAIDS TALE and one episode is usually enough.  Bed sounded good so I went up early, leaving Evie to watch some HGTV shows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...