Thursday, August 30, 2018

Relief...A Cool Morning

6:43

6:45

6:50
I was up at 6:00, to a welcome, cooling breeze on an overcast morning.  A slash of orange punctuates an otherwise gray, overcast sky.   After the past two days of extreme heat and humidity, today will be a welcome change, a high in the 70's.

Kayak Morning

 A Choppy Paddle
Wednesday, as I mentioned above, was another hot and humid one.  It did not stop me, however, from getting in a long paddle to Tom's Point, then yoga at 10:00 in Lakewood, a good class, with a substitute teacher.  She did things somewhat differently which I liked and her music choices were more modern and upbeat which I also liked.  I get tired of the monotonous Indian inspired yoga music.

Our Must Recent Dahlia
When I returned home, Evie was firing up the lawn mower despite the heat because rain was predicted for later in the day.  So as I made my lunch, ramen soup and salami sandwiches, she started cutting the lawn, taking long breaks to cool off and drink some water.  I was tired of DSI Banks so I tried a new series from Great Britain called GEORGE GENTLY.  I am not sure I like it either so I may have to continue my search for an afternoon series.  I am almost finished with my Longmire novel and I am getting bored with it as well.  Maybe I am just bored?

Mid-afternoon, we both took swims to cool off, the lake as clear and refreshing as we have seen it all summer.  Where did the algae go?  Around 5:00, the dark clouds arrived and it began to pour, stopped for a half hour, then poured again, pelting the lake, the wind knocking down some deadwood in the trees.  We decided to make dinner easy and drove over to the Viking Club and Linda and Ron were walking in just as we arrived.  So we sat with them, watching the sky clear up, the sunset, enjoying a few brews and sandwiches.  The club was not too busy, probably because of the rain and no one was sitting outside.  We stayed till 8:00, then drove home in time to watch another episode of THE HANDMAIDS  TALE.  We have three or four more to go in the second season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...