Thursday, August 23, 2018

Fog Rising On A Fall Like 53º Morning

5:50

6:20

6:25

7:05 
I was up to at 5:30, to a marvelously cool morning here on the lake, an early taste of fall. The morning was just starting to awaken, some color began to show in patches between the clouds.  I attempted a photograph but it was almost too dark for a photo. I did get a quick paddle before heading off to Jamestown for my annual urology appointment.  Fun



Making Pancakes With Aunt Evie
Yesterday was also somewhat cool, especially later in the day and wet off and on.  I did get in a paddle, on rough seas, sort of, quite a bit of wind and some white caps, fun to ride.  It's seem like a luxury to have yoga start at 10:00 rather than 9:30.  That half hour seems to make a big difference for a relaxing morning.  After yoga, I did a quick stop at both Aldi's and Wegman's because Jennifer's family was coming to dinner after their excursion to Niagara Falls with the boys.  

When I returned home, Evie had already marinated the pork chops and started roasting the zucchini and eggplant for a ratatouille, something we thought the adults would enjoy.  For lunch, we both had toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches on thinly sliced Pepperidge Farm Bread, something we have not had in a while.  It tasted so good we wondered why we didn't buy it more often.  

The rest of the afternoon we did not know what to do it was so empty, no boys for Evie to play with, just an empty house except for moi and I am not much fun to play with.  So we relaxed, no dock time because of the rain and I watched the first two episodes of DCI Banks, read some and napped while Evie kept busy then tried to nap on the porch.  

Dinner With The Family
We were expecting the gang around 6:00 so I grilled the pork chops around 5:45 and Evie kept them in the oven until dinner.  At just about 6:00, the car door opened and two boys charged out of the car and gave us hugs, then ran upstairs to find puzzles and games.  They were ready for bear.  It wasn't long, however, before we were sitting at the dining room table, enjoying teriyaki pork chops, salad and ratatouille.

Talking Shop With Henry
After dinner, Evie, Robert and the boys went out fishing, and Jen and I stayed inside with Henry, talking about schools (Jen was an art teacher) and I taught Henry to say my name, a smart boy.  Fishing was mediocre but they did catch one perch and two sunfish between the four of them.  They came in around 7:30 and found a new game upstairs called Don't Break the Ice, one our grandchildren also loved at this early age.  

Will With His New Game
They played this until Evie asked if they might want ice cream cones with sprinkles.  That quickly ended the game.  Everything was picked up by 8:30 when the gang headed home to their RV in the campground.  Evie and I did the dishes, then watched another episode of THE HANDMAIDS TALE.  It's bringing out the worst in me as I would like to reach through the TV and wring Aunt Lydia and Serena's necks.  One episode was enough before a episode of Cheers to cheer us up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...