Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Not Much Of A Day (for me)


5:56
It's 9:15 as I start my blog and I did not just get back from kayaking.  Instead, I just returned from a clinic in Jamestown where I had a colonoscopy.  I had to be there at 6:30, so we were up at 5:30 and left by 6:00.  Not the most pleasant way to start the day, but I am home now, enjoying a cup of coffee, scrambled eggs, and toast. 

A Heron In The Afternoon
Yesterday was long and boring for me because of the prep. So I won't say much more about that other than I am ready for some good food.  Evie in contrast to me sitting around and reading and watching TV, worked most of the day outside despite the fact that the temperature was in the 90's.  She spent a good part of the morning watering her garden from the lake and weeding and trimming bushes, a neverending tale. 

In the afternoon, she continued with some gardening but mostly took her time cutting our lawn, mowing for 15 minutes then taking a timeout, then mowing again, in no hurry to finish, just eventually get it done.  It was a smart way to get it done as the heat and humidity were terrible, a high of 91º mid-afternoon.  I did not envy her and was happy to sit in the TV room watching another episode of  FAUDA. 

For dinner, Evie had a salad and scrambled eggs and I had chicken broth and jello, yum.  We did not start eating until 7:00 because Chris came over to clean the plugs on our boat and I sat out there with him, watching so I will be able to do it next time.  We watched a couple of more episodes of The Handmaid's Tale and are finally getting into it more although the violence is shocking and often unexpected.  Elisabeth Moss is amazing, however, and her Emmy was well deserved.  We both were in bed by 10:00 because we were getting up so early. 

A Bit Of Nostalgia: Our daughter Beth's sixth birthday party in 1972, on the patio behind our house in Istanbul.

The Girls (and Tommy) Are Standing In Europe And That's Asia  In the Background, The Other Side Of The  Bosphorus



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...