Monday, November 7, 2022

Not A Cloud In The Sky



6:20


7:14

8:24

Another amazing fall morning, as the orange blush of early morning, has turned to a light blue as I wait for the sun to rise. I was up at 5:45, just as it was beginning to get light. Now I am waiting for the sun to rise a few minutes after 7:00 so that I can kayak. It's 48ยบ and clear and the highs should only be in the 50s today. It's 8:45, the sky is blue, the sun is bright in the southern sky and I have been out for an hour, photographing a heron and eagle, and a good morning kayaking. 

Kayak Morning

Blue Skies

Great Blue Heron

Bald Eagle

My Sunday was filled with football in the afternoon, and kayaking and biking in the morning, in other words, a good day despite being home alone. I was up early, out on the lake by 7:30, on a bizarre paddle, with dark, threatening skies to the south and drizzle but sunshine and blue skies to the north. I then finished the blog, had breakfast, took a walk, and decided to get in a bike ride. I am tired of Long Point and Mayville, so I drove to Lakewood, parked my bike, and rode to Celeron, then on to Mc Crea Point and JTNY Power House Skate Park in Jamestown. I swear that no matter in which direction I bike, it's always into the wind. I was out for over an hour and worked up a sweat. I ended up enjoying a latte in Ryders Cup and talking with the barista Joyce until I was ready to go home.

Water Front Of Harbor House Hotel

The Swamp's Not Serving Brunch

Mc Crea Point

Skate Park 

New Sign

It was 1:00 when I returned home, time for a big breakfast. I fried up some baked potatoes, topped them with eggs, and watched the Bill's first half. I had enough TV football by then and adjourned to the couch to read and nap. I had the game saved so after my nap, I watched the Bills lose to the Jets, alas, but they deserved to lose. I then did some yard work as more twigs had fallen, even some branches from our maples in the front yard. I was so bored that walked around Woodlawn's front yards as the sky started to darken at 5:00. I then enjoyed a beer and listened to CNN until  I was hungry. 

Dusk

Earlier, I had pulled a leftover meatloaf out of the freezer so I heated a few slices up in the microwave and also microwaved some mashed potatoes from Aldi's and I had a decent dinner by 6:45. I then made the mistake of watching a new film on Netflix called Wild Is The Wind. I watched it because it was a South African film, set in South Africa. It had the potential to be good but it ended up being overdone and unfocused. I ended the night watching the Chief's first half, then went to bed, too tired to watch the second half. They won in overtime.

Tommy, Evie, Her Sisters, And Their Families


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...