Thursday, November 3, 2022

Early Rising

7:11

7:21

It's almost 7:00 and we are both up enjoying our coffee, a second cup for Evie. The shoreline is just becoming visible, with an almost imperceptible glow. It's 42ยบ and should get up into the 60s on another sunny fall day. We are off to the Buffalo airport at 9:00 because Evie is flying to Phoenix today to visit her sisters until next Wednesday. What am I going to have for lunch and dinner? 

Kayaking Yesterday Morning

Fog Lifting

Yesterday was a long day for me because it was too foggy to kayak before 10:00 and yoga was canceled so I was bored with nothing to do except have another cup of coffee, read more bad news about the democrat chances in the upcoming election, and finish the blog. By 10:00, the fog had lifted enough for me to see Long Point so I went out for a half hour. I did see an eagle but once again, he was scared off as I pulled out my camera. After kayaking, I did a few things around the house then drove to Lakewood, stopping at the bank and Aldi's, picking up a few things for the week. 

When I got home, Evie was in the process of making a moussaka, having roasted the eggplant and made a meat sauce. She took time out to make me a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and I watched my show although I am tired of it. Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon. I read and read hoping to finish my book by tomorrow when it's due. Evie relaxed and did some wash, making sure I have everything I need for the next couple of days. I did get outside at  3:30 because it was such a beautiful afternoon, with not a ripple on the lake. I mowed, raked, and took more leaves and twigs up the hill, trying to keep up with the leaves.

3:42

We did have a nice happy hour, with Fritos, dip, and popcorn, and enjoyed a Manhattan, to celebrate Evie's trip. The moussaka was cooking while we were enjoying the late afternoon so after our drinks, all Evie had to do was plate the moussaka and we had a great dinner. We watched the final two episodes of Kleo on Netflix, then Jeopardy, and ended the night with some of the Cavs/Celtics basketball game although we missed the fourth quarter and overtime. Fortunately, I have it saved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...