Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Mo' Better Blues

6:46

7:07

8:42

It's 7:14 and the sun has risen, Hallelujah, with a touch of white in an otherwise blue, 37º sky. It's a good day whatever the weather because Evie returns from Arizona,  mid-afternoon, Southwest Airlines permitting. It feels like she had been away for weeks, not six days. Looking outside, once again I will be paddling not only into the sun but also into the southerly wind. Well, It's almost 9:00 and I paddled for forty minutes. The wind was not too bad, fairly easygoing south. No interesting wildlife to speak of, just geese and seagulls. 

Kayak Morning

Yea, Blue

Yesterday proved that sleep makes a difference. Instead of less than five hours Sunday night, I slept for seven hours and had a busy day on Tuesday. First, I paddled for just about an hour, enjoying the sun and empty lake. After the blog, I drove to a 75-minute yoga class. Then I was off to Brigiotti's to pick up their special Italian sweet sausage, now available, then did a quick run through Wegmans on a busy shopping day.

Lunch was the same as the day before, black bean soup and a turkey and cheese sandwich. Despite the fact that I was not crazy about the Finnish crime series, Dead Wind, I watched another episode, not wanting to start something else. And I kept my vow, refusing to listen, read or watch any news during the day or evening. It made for a restful day. I did not do much early afternoon, just read my book, Red Knife, by William Kent Krueger, the seventh Cork O'Connor novel I have read. I also started the process of tidying up the house, getting it ready for Evie, and ditto the yard.  Around 4:00, tired of reading, I went outside and worked on cleaning up the garden, cutting down some of the perennials and gathering them, and eventually took three buckets of deadfall, leaves, and twigs up the hill. Finally, to complete my trifecta, I went for a mile and a half walk, up Victoria, through the woods to #394, and down Kinney's Run to home, 

Victoria/Woodlawn At 4:14

San Leaves

Fallen Leaves

I was home by 5:00 and talked with my sister Ellen for 15 minutes. Coincidentally, I was making her husband Walt's clam linguini for dinner. The only change was to use cream cheese (thanks Linda) instead of milk as an ingredient. I started making it at 6:00 and put it together as the linguini boiled. Once the sauce was done, I added the linguine to the sauce like Evie, soaking up the sauce. It was a rich, tasty dinner, just what I wanted. And I continued my refusal to watch the news on TV and instead, watched four episodes of Dark Wind until it was time to go to bed. 

Moonrise At 5:56


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...